⚔ [18 Jul, 2021] - 117th Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, No Nature/ Green

he flips Gunnar’s defense up to defense down. then you blast the weakest link and kill the whole team. I usually take Nordri, Valen and Jarvur along and fire them in that order after cGunnar and generally take down most of the team at once if there’s a Gunnar tank.

1 Like

Ok, I get it. For me, using him that way, I prefer to compare him to dispeller instead. For me, “antidote” is like cleanse or flip ailment to buff on my heroes and “dispel” is like dispel or flip buff to ailment on enemy :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Did my hits for the day. So far 100% success rate on both offense and defense.

Not too shabby.

8 Likes

Well, 3-2 today. 11-4 total. Decided to go mono blue to get through the fully limit broken defense. However, that didn’t work out in 2 matches, blues came just a turn too late. Let’s see tomorrow if I pay the extortion fee.

Summary

6 Likes

Day 3

O: 3-2 (12-3) (Thanks for the correction @u2371!)
Boards were uncooperative as ever. My Healers kept me in the game but kept getting tiles in the wrong places and at the wrong times :expressionless:… I’m usually out by the third day, so I guess I’ll take that last life and die another day :sunglasses:

D: Still 3-0

5 Likes

Mono blue day today. First 3 matches were against cGunnar tanks, while the last 2 were Gunnar ones. Attacked with Helo - Nordri - cUlmer - cGunnar - Jahangir. Boards were good most of the time.

In the 3rd match, was in a good position after killing the cGunnar tank but bad timing meant the opponent’s Nordri, cUlmer, and Chick Jr all fired at the same time. And the AI targeted perfectly (not for me) :sweat_smile:

Defense is only so-so today at 3-2, but overall is still a strong 19-4 (82.6%)

Day Offense Defense Score
1 5-0 8-0 (A) 3631
2 9-1 16-2 (A) 6819
3 13-2 19-4 (A) 9116

Good luck everyone. May you vanquish every Gunnar you face :smiley:

7 Likes

Day 1: offense: 3-2
Defense: 2-2 (B)

Day 2: offense: 4-1
Defense: 4-2 (A)

Day 3: offense: 4-1
Defense: 7-3 (A)

I was out after the 4th match but decided to rebuy…

I went purple-blue 3-2… charged my Tyrum as soon as Gunnar fired… hit him with Tyrum than c.Renfeld and I was staring at the screen for a minute 'cos nothing happened…

I took the bloody c.version of Tyrum…!

Big Fat Zero!

What a ■■■■■■ me!

/facepalm

I had the luck to face this team too…

Do you know the number how much a lonely g.Bat hits?

I can tell you: freaking big number!

I won the match but only for Frosty’s minion… he was the lone survivor… from almost full hp my team went: poof… than I tiled Bat out shortly … but it was very close!!!

Edit: that blue-yellow team was “Aggressive” indeed! (just realised it…) :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Well I was pleasantly surprised when my alliancemate pointed out I was in the top 100 yesterday.

I’m currently ranked 118. 14-1 on offense. 7-0 on defense.

Anyone without a healer on defense has been super easy. Helo - C.Hawkmoon - Gunnar - Kvasir - C.Renfield just turns into a slow grind that ends with an easy W. Gunnar with Frosty at flank is the hardest to deal with and the ideal set up.

This has been by far my best tournament so far!

5 Likes

Day 3
O: 4-1 (12-3) Uh-oh, ferg syndrome again :joy:
O: 0-0 (7-0)

I actually went mono for 3 matches today, lost the first match because I played it way too fast and loose, but then I recomposed myself and went on to win the next 4. For mono I stuck with my blue team, using something very similar to my defense except replacing Ulmer with cGunnar and one Nordri with Helo for some heal+cleanse. As I corrected predicted, Nordri+cGunnar+Chick x2 basically just obliterates everything. Whatever is left standing is one tile away from total annihilation as well. Of course the hard part is getting 7 tiles before the defense fires, so this mono team is reserved for more passive tanks such as healers/base Gunnar.

Met another autofill team with Bane tank and Melia flank (both +20) so used my 4-1 purple team again: Bjorn x2-cRenfeld x2-Helo. Bane actually killed Helo right off the bat (that bish!!!) so it was do or die. Luckily the tiles came afterwards and I did instead of died (die-did? :rofl:).

Defense is clearly scaring people away now so it maintains a perfect 7-0. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Offense 4/1 again today. 12/3 total. Up side to @ferg syndrome is I’m still alive to play thursday.

Defense is currently 6/13. Been wondering about the scenarios where someone looses to my defense.

“What the heck was this guy thinking? 2 gunnars, 2 healers and only 1 attacker. This should be easy”
" Well damn, that figures, only 3 tiles to start. Well, I just have to turn the board around. I’ve got time"
“What the ■■■■? Come on give me a ■■■■■■■ tile.”
“You miserable ■■■■■■■■■■■■. You got to be ■■■■■■■ kidding, a 13× cascade and still no tiles”
“I hate this ■■■■■■■ game”

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

That sounds scarily like me, except I usually end the train of thought with ■■■■■ YOU SG and ■■■■ you too [player name] :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:rofl:

4 Likes

1-4 today, total 11-4. Since for me rebuying in the tournament is illegal (kinda bribing the organizers to forget you already lost) this is it for me. Fought a bunch of 55-lvl limit broken teams whole day.

4 Likes

Day 3

O : 4-1 (13-2)

Go with Helo - Pixie - Gill-Ra - C Oberon and C Renfeld/CB Kailani. Use CB Kailani if tank it C Gunnar tank and use C Renfeld for otherwise. CB Kailani+Pixie work well against C Gunnar tank. The board is average to pretty good today with one bad board that I lose and also against C Gunnar tank, AGAIN :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: The board full green and red and constantly fall until it is too late by just 1 turn. At least, I can take down tank, so, not 0.

D : 8-6

Is this defense super easy ? :rofl:

Rush Attack tournament is usually hosted in here.

WELCOME TO FUCKING :rofl:

5 Likes

I don’t rebuy often, but maybe I should this time. After the new day and defense addition, I’m very high in top1, even with 4 losses…

4 Likes

They changed it to Fugging because their signs kept getting stolen. :wink:

Yes, but that also mean they accept that it pronounce like that :smile:

Day 4
O: 5-0 yesss the curse is broken, exactly at the right time
D: 14-16 (C) :confused:

5 great Boards, same blue mono team like the whole week. Perfect day. Now I probably don’t have to rebuy, even if I loose the first battle tomorrow I will wait till Saturday morning and look if it’s not already enough.

opponents

5 Likes

Day 4:

O: 5-0 (18-2). I found the rythm for this week, using one team all the time, and I know what it can and cannot do. Especially proud for turning this battle around with super careful board moves. :ok_hand:

D: 24-4 (AAA).

Currently ranked super high.

PS. Used the wisdom from this tourney in war, and look who did well: :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

And I’m out.

Day 4

O: 1-1 (13-4) Fighting limit broken chick lits, Nordri, cJahangir, cOberons … not even two healers could save my eco friendly super green board.

I never buy in, after a series of finishing on the leaderboard with crap rewards a year or so back. Not worth it. I’m pretty high in the 1%s at the moment, so will probably stay there but shrug

D: 5-0 … I want to know if it’s because of Vollermork!! :joy:

7 Likes

Yes. Costume Gunnar isn’t a problem for me. I bring five support heroes in four colors and just play the long game. The only thing I’m actually worried about is getting a huge cascade that charges you all at once.

2 Likes