⚔ [17th Apr, 2022] - 156th Raid Tournament - 4* Bloody Battle, No Ice/Blue

Day 1 went well, no bad boards, or they turned in time. Also quite some healers (I really don’t see the use of melendor 75+20, but not in costume in wing… But I’ll gladly take the points :slight_smile: )

Closest match:

Took out gormek with 8 off-colour tiles… I definitely would have lost if the remaining trio hadn’t been broken.

5 Likes

what the hell is this crap lately?? really making me wanna uninstall this game. Got 2 boards like this in a row and its a returning theme these last weeks… needless to say I lost both

3 Likes

Day 1 is also looking good. Went mainly with red mono for offense, and tried a 3/2 red/yellow setup. So far… So good.

Screenshot_20220418-201607_262dc09b83f42fc5604598f73a64a305

5 Likes

Day 1 did not go well for me. I mage quite a bit of mistakes. I am going to completely change me offence team. I will try 3 yellow, 2 greens or 1 green and 1 purple

O:3-2
D:1-0 (I do not expect this to last)

5 Likes

Match the green in top right corner and most of the board would be cleared. Maybe it would have turned….

2 Likes

Yooo! I was clowning on Ferant . Had three match ups. 5 -0 on offense an 2-2 Defense. Will post my set up tomorrow. Didn’t get a chance today! My counter for ferant was mist all day playing three two stack!

2 Likes

At 3:09, why do you use that unlevel Griffin ?

1 Like

That was one my “quite a bit of mistakes”. I am leveling second Griffin, I accidentally select the wrong one.

3 Likes

I feel like I’m getting old or just suck at this game
Another tourney ended 6-4, this time I really tried last flag and it wasn’t unintentinal loose. Idk man! all dispellers I have are also healers which makes them a complete waste of space in attack team, My C/CB Sonya can’t be used and I don’t have C/CB Caedmon and even regular Caedmon emblemed, but against red tanks, he’s not the most ideal. Bloody battle is the format, where I have literally no clue after 4 years of playing that what should I do/use. I guess I’m just too tired of this nonsense lol.

Defense is 0-2, but I don’t think it’s a bad defense, so I just don’t understand anyithing…
It’s Cheshire Cat, Buddy, Ferant, Franz, Griffin. I think my def is pretty annoying… but still looses badly.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear you´re feeling discouraged. I can relate. We just have to remember, that we fight the randomness of the board, first and foremost, above everything else. It´s so easy in these tournaments, when we only have four chances, to get extremely frustrated though, I understand.

I do bring Caedmon even vs a red tank, because the dispells needed in this tournament seems to be many and all over the place! :scream: Another one to bring is Mist to block them, if one has her, but again, it is the board that is the most unforgiving opponent we face.

My defense, which consist of Caedmon - Mist- Ferant - Guardian Falcon - Scarlett is at a D too. It´s been attacked 6 times, lost 4 of them. No attacks on it today at all.

It´s RNG on top of RNG.
First the RNG of who you are being matched against. Then the RNG that is the board. Then the RNG whether your defense teams gets attacked. Then the RNG whether the opponent vs. you succeed in fighting the board - and then your heroes firing against the right ones.

I am not saying that our heroes or the moves we make do not matter at all. But sometimes we can do nothing at all, if the tiles just won´t coorporate.

Best of luck next time :four_leaf_clover: I think there are more in your situation than it feels like - remember, most only post their success here, both in terms of summons and process in tournaments/ hits on Mythic Titans / Challenge Event scores etc. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

on top of RNG talents activation

1 Like

It’s completely ok, I got used to it. I’m not really feeling discouraged, it’s just that 3* very fast got ruined by Treevil and I never liked bloody battles, so it’s like there are even more tournament types I dislike now. I can’t be good in every part of this game, not that I’m actually good in any game aspect lol. But bloody battles are the worst, even if I try to take an advice from someone for good line-ups, I still end up loosing everything in this format lol.

I’m not patient enough to think every time about every defense team and line-ups I take against it and moves I do. Of course there is randomness of a board and randomness in many other aspects, like teams you face; but there are also these factors I explained before you can affect as a player yourself, not that it always matters, as RNG can just screw with you sometimes. There’s too much stuff in this game already and to waste my time with thinking about all these aspects I can also affect, just wastes even more time.

Yeah I should probably emblem my vanilla Caedmon. There are very few S1 vanilla heroes that I have emblems on today (all my 3* S1 already got costume, but still mssing some good 4* and obviiusly 5* ones) - Kiril for example - and I still use him fairly often in many game aspects including wars. I probably should do the same with Caedmon for tourneys, even though there are 2 great 4* druids that I’m also missing and I’m trying to keep my emblems in case I pull them. That’s the main reason my Caedmon never receives any emblems, it’s not because he doesn’t deserve them.

1 Like

Day 2

O : 4-1 (8-2)

Go with same tactic. Today is a tough day, 3 Ferant tank, 1 Wilbur tank and 1 Gormek tank. However, I luckily enough to kill all Ferant tank before they can fire :smile:. Lose in 3rd attack against this team

It should be another win but the RNG just want me to lose. I go with 3 purple 2 yellow. The board start with pretty goo amount of purple and yellow. Kill Ferant and Rigard very early and damage Aodhan to about 20% hp left. Then board just full of blue/green/red like forever. Enemy Skittleskull fire and charge 2nd time to about 80%. And only 3 enemy slash my heroes from about 70% hp to about 30% hp. Enemy Anastasia fire twice and about to fire 3nd times. I try my best to not make enemy Aodhan fire, with Proteus and Mist and avoid hit him after that. At the end, enemy Aodhan have 2 hp left right before he fire :sob:. He kill 3 of my heroes and 2 left are almost death. I kill him in the next turn and then enemy Skittleskull fire 2nd time and kill my 2 remain heroes :joy:

D : 16-3

Despite my offense is one of the worst for my 4* tournament result, the defense seem to be my new best defense result ever in 4* bloody battle tournament :smiley:

5 Likes

wow can’t believe you got raided that many times already! good stuff!

2 Likes

Day 2 for me 9-1 on offense, 2-4 on Defense. Ran into 4 Ferant’s lol. counter with mist was the way to go for me. my defense wasn’t that great but still decent.

5 Likes

It is because my defense is very strong :sweat_smile:. Here is my defense :slightly_smiling_face:

@Beendead25 @Liam_K @Sam-I-Am @Slobix @Wave I also have a question. Who do you use if you have to attack my defense :sweat_smile: ?

3 Likes

i would do 3-2 stack purple yellow. Tiburtus(C), Proteus, Sergie, jackal, and mist. of course all limit broken. sergie with the elemental down of course and mist for the stop buff. those would be my clutch players. but def would be my stack against your team. i wouldn’t bring off colors like green to a fight just to use ailments. but your defense is pretty good.

2 Likes

Day 2:

O: 5-0 (9-1)
D: 2-1 (A)

Pretty easy day today, took my defense team, but with Caedmon in costume, except for the one Ferant tank where i switched to Mist/Griffin/Chao with regular Caedmon and i think cKelile. this was my last fight of the day, and the second Rokkamush-tanked team i saw today:

i’m guessing this had to be an experiment. nice troops, but Vollermork, really? lol

D picked up one win one loss, still an A. currently in top 1% with 7115 points, rank 2361

@u2371 that’s a tough team for sure. cleanse and dispel are both needed, and with two yellows, i’d probably go with cRigard, cTibs, Proteus, Caedmon, and either cKelile or Gormek. not sure how i’d fare against it, but that’s what i would try. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Must have drawn the longest straw today as I didn’t face any Ferant at all. Not that the matches were easy but without needing to put multiple dispellers, there were many more possible attack teams to choose from.

First match was against a Skittleskull tank so the Red team (Mist - Falcon - Ferant - Gormek - Anastasia) got a rare run out. Got enough Red tiles to kill the tank before she fired and the rest was not too hard to take down. Next 2 matches were against Red tanks (Wilbur and Sumitomo) so went back to (Anton - Anastasia - Mist - Griffin - Caedmon/cCaedmon).

Got a Li Xiu tank next and finally the chance to use all 3 of my Magic heroes together for the first time. After quickly using up my Ranger emblem reserves on cTibs, attacked with Sergei - Anastasia - cTibs - Anton - Ametrine. That was a fun team to use. Took down the tank easily enough even though she resisted Sergei’s EDD. With the family bonus and 4 heroes that charge on 5/6 tiles, they just kept charging and firing :smiley: Maybe I should keep those emblems on cTibs a bit longer…

Last match was against a Gormek tank. Starting board wasn’t great, but turned around in time for another win.

Defense is still perfect as well at 4-0. Let’s see how long it can keep this up

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 3-0 (A) 3323 900 4223
2 10-0 4-0 (A) 7537 7537

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

I would use the same team I’m using to fight Ferrant:
Mist - Caedmon - Anastasia - Buddy - Griffin

But I would use Caedmon* instead of the regular version.

2 Likes