ATTAX
Day 1 3W 2L
DAY 2 4W 1L

DEFENSE
Day 1 1W 4L
Day 2 4W 1L
5W 5L TOTAL B GRADE

OVERALL

-I did much better on day 2 by bringing Zim or Ariel as their cleanse is actually very important. The faster I’m able to remove Tells Mana drop, and GM’s fire dot, or Lee’s blind, the better chance to keep heroes alive. Ariel’s Mana boost has helped me out too.
GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE PLEASE
-APOLLO

1 Like

You initially get seeded to be matched with players who’s defences are approximately as good as the best team you COULD field (similar to war matchmaking factoring in the “top 5” heroes).

Tournament Matchmaking as explained by Guv:

3 Likes

yeah I get that, but I get ravaged in 5* tournaments regardless. I will eventually get a real tank in this game (maybe Yunnan next month) and then who knows? From E to A?

If the defense you have poster is yours you should try to swap Fenrir and Ursena next time.

no that’s just an example of the people ravaging my defense lol

1 Like

I’ve read that AVAILABLE troops might also count towards that starting point. Also, im not 100% on this but I have also seen that these factors are counted once you hit JOIN so ik some who level available troops and heroes b4 hitting join, to improve their starting scoring point… Please lmk if I’m wrong about this- as I said, I’m not 100% sure

Absolutely no idea :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

DAY 3
ATTAX
4W 1L (Cont. On 5th attax)

DEFENSE

Added 2 more W’s since last screen shot! Now @ 59% just below A
OVERALL

GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE PLEASE
-APOLLO

2 Likes

Day 3.

Went 5-0

And my defense team still gets me wins.

Overall

Screenshot_2020-05-20-09-27-16-630_com.smallgiantgames.empires

3 Likes

Defence 12-3
Offence 4-6
Woop

2 Likes

With all of the excitement yesterday I think I forgot my update. Or I forgot I did it…either way…

So end of Day 3!

Presently 11-4 on offence. Bought back in as defence is A rated (again…13 days of tournament straight now…these are strange times for me)

Pics of progress below:

2 Likes

This is the usual pattern of matchups for me on 5* tournaments.
Never bother with buying back in if I can’t get the boards to make it past day 3.

This is an absolute joke.
I usually go 3x Purple 2x Green and I have had bad boards all week.
I decided to switch it up with 3x Yellow 2x Purple, because I was going against Purple tanks. I literally get a ton of greens on EVERY board, all 5 games!

I went 3-2 today.
Total I have lost 7 lives!!

I have 1 life left.
The only reason I continued yesterday was because my defense was doing great, now my defense is sucking. 4-6 overall.

1 Like

I’m out offence 14-4
Defence 6-7

3 Likes

Day 4 over. Lost 2 more but both close. Still A rated on defence. Good last day tomorrow and hopefully end too 1% again

3 Likes

Final battle results:

Currently ranked 1028 before defense team points added in. Defense is 11-3 for an A.

Except for the first few battles on day 1, throughout this tourney I’ve been fighting teams like these:

with a team like this:

(I switched out Caedmon for Viking Sonya for the GM tank team because needed extra cleanse)

I feel extremely validated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Managed to be very surprised this week.

Offense went 9-3. Managed to sneak a some wins with only 1-2 heroes left standing, and only barely.
Defense went 9-9 (so far) for a shocking B grade. It was Sartana-Isarnia-Guardian Kong-Magni-Kadilen

2 Likes

Only one post this week.

Highlight was wednesday going 5:0 on attack. :sunglasses:
The last 2 days did not went well facing strong Telly teams.
Rebuy was worth it since I got lucky on loot.

3 Likes

Final Results

Offense

I went 22-3, which may be the best I’ve done in a 5* Raid Tournament.

Toward the end I started using the same team most of the time, when facing various teams at +20 with high-level Troops, and found it effective:

Defense

I got a C the first day, when I wasn’t attacked at all.

I went straight A’s the rest of the days, and ended 4-2 overall.

Rewards & Ranking

Solid ranking. I think it’s my highest in a 5* Tournament.

Kinda meh rewards, mostly because I have 27 Shields now, and my Sorcerer Emblems are just piling up without a Hero I want to use them on yet.

5 Likes

Hm, this is the first time I actually realised how being a newbie, without strong defence can put you relatively high in a 5* tournament. The reason is, I assume, pairing with the players at similar, or a bit higher level. Remember defences being 200-400 TP stronger than my offensive teams. Guess this is my best performans so far, not having any maxed 5*. :muscle:
Defence team:

Defence grade:

In offence using various 3-2 combos of 4* heros, result 19:6.

Ranking:

And a small reward:

5 Likes