Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2023-01-15T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2023-01-16T08:00:00Z
2023-01-21T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
All Elements
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Rush Attack

All Special Skills are set to Very Fast!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [29 May 2022] - 162th Raid Tournament - 5* Rush Attack, All Elements

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

JekylandHyde XXV medal:

6 Likes

Boring but I think I go with these five in this crazy tournament

2 Likes

Who cares? The objective is to place in top 1% and not put out the most creative defense or whatever, since there’s no award for that. Btw I’d swap Zuri and Ludwig’s positions around.

I’m most likely gonna go with this:

Yeah yeah boring cliched snooze yawn blah blah idgaf ok? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@rho Why do you two put the revivers on the right side?

Maybe i’ll try Toto - Cao Cao - Alfrike - Zhuge Liang - Lu Bu …maybe.

Rather than rehash something that I’ll in no way be able to explain eloquently, I’ll simply repost @genuineness’s amazingly detailed analysis here

4 Likes

Not even gonna bother to do a def team as I will be out in 2 days. I cant compete with all these 5* teams. Good luck to those who can.

1 Like

Mal sehen was für ein Team ich stelle

Debating swapping out the reds for ccLeonidas and Anne, but the cSanta/Khufu combo has done me well in the past. If they go off, Lu Bu’s minions will be pointless because everyone will be dead.

Gonna go with this …

1 Like

This is my first 5* rush with Ludwig and Khufu maxed, so I’m giving this lineup a whirl

Looks like I will be running this bunch:

Remember the power of cleric superior talents to reflect Alfrike. It makes this often overlooked lady powerful this week.

1 Like

3 Likes

Same, I’m not stressing too much over my defense :slight_smile: good luck to everyone… I’ll see you in the next 4* tourney :stuck_out_tongue: (will still play this one, just not expecting much!)

2 Likes

:warning: Mod edit: Translation to English

I will test my luck with these new Superior talents.

Original text

Esélytelenek nyugalmával letesztelem az új talenteket :wink:

3 Likes

Ehh… why not…

The basic. Yea I could swap Oceanus to Kara/Prof but I want to see if this works aswell so I can use it in vf war aswell. Alfrike might not be fully lb’d before the end of the tournament sadly.

Don’t have much better heroes. So I’m trying this

O : 4:1
D : 2:0 - C Alby, Sobek, Ludwig, Inari, Skadi

Lost against the ‘generic’ Kalo, Ludwig, Alfrike, Khufu, C MN.
Didn’t expect to face this kind of defense on 1st day, but surely I did.
Went with the team I use almost always against def like this - C Sabina, Athena, Proteus, Sobek, Faiez.

What happened? - starting board notthing but yellow, green and red. So I fired Faiez. Alfrike fired twice, but before she fired 2nd time, I could fire Athena and Sobek and hurt front 3 a lot + Sobek gave his passive DoT. 2nd time Faiez’s block was already gone. Everyone was mindless except C Sabina, I was able to fire her and she blocked Lud’s taunt. I was somehow able to get rid of both Alf and Khufu and there was a safe spot to ghost tiles. I needed at least 1 blue or purple match. In next 3-4 turns, surely I got none of those matches and C MN revived Khufu. C Sabina’s buff block gone, Lud fired. Khufu fired, next turn Kalo and my heroes were super dead. Did what I coulld, but tiles refused to come.

4 Likes

Matchmaker gave me an easy start to the tournament, with only one Alfrike tank. Went back to the Matilda - Ludwig - Lepiota trio in attack, backed by Mother North and Vivica/Wang Yuanji.

First 3 matches were easy if time consuming. Fourth match was against a Ludwig tank flanked by Kullervo and Sobek with Kalo and MN wings. My Ludwig died from hits from Kullervo and Sobek, but MN brought him back and finally managed to send everyone to the Abyss to die.

Toughest was against the Alfrike tank in the last match of course.

Sent Alfrike to the abyss before she fired but LoTL’s minions kept cutting Lepiota’s mana just as she was about to fire. Vivica and MN kept the multiple cubed Ludwig alive just long enough to finally win in overtime.

Defense is 0-1 so far. Anything above E will be a bonus :grin:

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes