Nobody cares about your titan. Higher 15* 16* wanted

Not sure which one of those you believe I fall into but I’m none of that, just trying to help the discussion move forward. :+1:

2 Likes

It wasnt about you. I just cant name and shame. Those that fall into that will know who they are.

2 Likes

@Rigs I think this was an interesting read and good thread all together. I’d like to see it open but if you want, I can close it.

3 Likes

If you want it open, leave it open i guess. Just felt toxic to me but I’m 1 opinion :man_shrugging:

I’m good either way, i can always just mute it

3 Likes

More variations instead of just higher * would work i think

I like the idea of more variations! And not opposed to stronger titans either really even if I am taking a step back from competitive play for a while, lol.

1 Like

A variation would certainly add some spice to the titans, as the rare ones did.

Burnout- That’s what’s happening here.

1 Like

@Rigs I see the point you’re making, that top players could maybe pass the occasional titan just like everybody else does. I will counter with: top players are so far ahead in roster depth and asc mats that it doesn’t matter at this point. I think the best way for other players to be catching up is to let us string 14* titans for a year like you guys string 12* titans for that year. There will still be the gap obviously, but at some point the gap stops being so noticeable. Like you said, you don’t even use all your 80’s. Introducing 15* and 16* would hurt us more than help us. Most teams aren’t stringing 14* anyways. Again, just the top 1%. I say fine let the top 1% string 14% titans, and let me have a chance to also string 14* titans. That would be the best way for a player like me to catch up.

7 Likes

How?!

:woman_shrugging:?

Because such a small percentage of alliances can string 14* anyways. I’m in a top 100 alliance, and we pass after 3 titans at 14*. So the idea that giving the top 1% bigger titans will help the alliances underneath them by evening out the loot drops or something, it lacks merit and it’s totally unfair. What will happen if 15*-16* titans are introduced is instead of closing the gap the gap will be increased. They had a year to farm 12* titans and now they have 40 heroes at 80 and an arsenal of asc mats. I don’t care if they farm 14* titans at this point. It changes nothing. What REALLY changed something is if WE can farm 14* titans. We aren’t even able to do that yet. Increasing the titan difficulty does not help anyone sufficiently. It would just be totally unfair to the majority. They removed 14* titans because the top 1% complained they were too hard. Well what we should give the top 1% 16* titans now? What about the 5% or even the 10%? We should never get a chance to enjoy capping out at the top for awhile? 14* titans aren’t a cakewalk anyways! It’s not peewee league baseball. Let us do this for awhile.

6 Likes

@FluffyUnicorn, @Rigs are saying one of the most mass-thing friendly he could have.
Strick on 14* is much more rewarding that make 15* - 16* and let them pass.
And i say it as NOT a top player.

Back then, when in beta it was decided to postpone 14* titand because “too much strong” it was a huge mystake.
Now again we are in a spot where top alliances can solo a 14* like nothing (see community content section)

It was top players asking to delay 14*, and only few of us see this coming shortly and was against it.

Now he is trying to avoid to let it happen again.
You can not agree to it, but the intentions are really mass-friendly rather then top players-friendly.

4 Likes

I have said all along I don’t understand why there was ever a cap on titan level. Just seems logical as you progress the titans also scale to provide a challenge. The 10* cap then the 12* and now the 14* just seems completely arbitrary. 15 and 16s would just cause the same. Let the titans keep increasing infinitely until an alliance has no choice to pass on one.

15 Likes

I would have agreed with you BEFORE they let top alliances farm 12* titans for a year. Now? No. It’s too unfair. We had to catch up to you guys who were able to farm 12*. No disrespect or bad intentions towards you for doing it, but because SG let that happen, it would be total bs to take away that opportunity for the alliances below you at an even higher level, now it’s 14*. You had a year at 12*, give us a year at 14*.

1 Like

you have to fix the problem at some point. A year from now you change it and then you just get the same arguement from someone coming up behind you.

2 Likes

I dont understand your reasoning at all. In what way do you feel this is unfair? Why do you feel that other players have to wait for you to catch up to them? Should you have to wait for players fighting 8* to catch up to you? Wouldn’t it be unfair to them if you were granted your year of farming 14* according to your logic? You claim that it was unfair that alliances farmed 12* for a year but you’re also saying you should be allowed to do the same…

Also if you were allowed to farm 14* for a year all the top alliances would also be farming 14* along with you so how exactly would you catch up?

4 Likes

Players that are still on 8* titans will not be affected at all if 15*-16* titans are introduced. I will be. Most of the top 1000 alliances will be affected by that, negatively. If your alliance is struggling a little on 14* titans but can sort of manage, can almost do it, and SG just add 15*-16* titans because like 5 alliances want those titans it’s bs and it’s unfair. The reason that like 5 alliances got to farm 12* for a year is unfair to the rest of us. Adding bigger titans at this point does nothing to help alliances below top ten. It does nothing to affect alliances in top ten either. It’s just a bad idea. All it does is make it harder to catch up.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reasoned response and I do understand the logic. My original response was poorly worded and, apparently, antagonistic.
What I was trying to convey, was that by stalling stronger alliances on massive titan won’t, imo, benefit the masses. The alli trying to crack top #100 yes, but if SG were to actually grant 4* AM on titans 8* through 11* (11* I’ve played myriad times and not personally seen the high end items) then the pack would close up considerably, again , in my opinion.
I’m fully aware that top players do not require the AMs and as such are just looking for a bigger challenge. There is no easy fix to allay both their boredom and the general community pfft-ing at the rewards currently on offer.
I’m somewhat hopeful that explains what I was trying to say and my apologies again to the OP

2 Likes

I was disappointed with the 13 and 14 level titans as well, just because playing against them is nearly the same as against 11 & 12. Attack down - defense up, if you don’t and they hit, you are a hero down. More hp isn’t making this any more fun, perhaps rather more frustrating.

I don’t think they can make it any better with introducing 15 & 16. These will still be the same fights, only real difference will be more hp. Hunter’s Lodge items could turn it around, but they won’t. They are too expensive for the little more edge that they give. Can’t be consistent in using them or you will go bankrupt, but at the same time if you take them for incidental 1-off use, you may just waste the slot because even using them, you still rely 60% on the board and 30% on the heroes you took. For these reasons I would give my valuable slot to small mana pots than any of these 150k food/iron shiny artifacts. I really think they need to allow separate slot(s) for the hunter’s lodge items to make me start forging them.

I do agree the game needs to focus on the end game content, because in my opinion, its early and mid game content is already very entertaining. But simply introducing higher level titans is just cutting corners. They would need to rework the titan fight concept to make it work (introduce more unique mechanics like ‘weak spots’ etc). I still think we need something more like this - Alliance PVM challenge

5 Likes

I think, for a 15* and 16* big guys need some real challenge.
Like a titan with permanent undispellable reflect damage buff.
Or a titan with permanent reflection of an opposing color (like, red one will permanently reflect all blue dmg).
Or a titan which each turn kills (guaranteed kill) one party member.
Also, if they want challenge - make loot unusable, only for a boast. Like, this titans only drops “ultra-titan trophy”, as a random drop. This trophy has a single use - boasting.
So, big guys get a challenge they desire, and no balance is disturbed.

1 Like