⚔ [14 Jun, 2020] - 60th Raid Tournament - 4* Rush Attack, All Elements

I think I will go with this:

But thinking of replacing kiril with LJ. No costume bonus and no emblems in this case. But would would take full advantage of the wikbur+AoE synergy, plus the mana down… If that will even matter. What’s your opinion on that, @Guvnor?

2 Likes

Are you gonna put emblems on the slow panda? If not, I’d replace Hu with Gretel, so Gretel-Fura-Li.

Also, since I’m a strong believer Proteus absolutely should be doing defense duty on rush tourneys, I’d probably do Proteus-Li-Fura-Gretel-LJ, so two yellows balanced by two purples, then you got LJ lurking in the corner just waiting to strike. Yeah there’s some interference between Proteus and Gretel, but better double down on mana control than let your opponent use their special!

1 Like

Going to have some fun with mine. Rainbow healers.

2 Likes

yup… I’d totally have fun with that if I run into this.
5 healers, do you really that will work? Who’s gonna deal some damage?

I reckon swapping LJ in for Kiril would be more annoying to face.

1 Like

Wilbur is OK as tank, but if anyone is like me I always use C Rigard and Tiburtus . Both are +18 Ranger, and have a very high chance of bypassing wilbur special so it he becomes an easy tank to kill. Personally, I will be stacking purple and yellow i think for most.

Thanks… Just got the idea to put maybe buddy in and li in the wing position. :thinking: at least he has 18 emblems

#2…I fear the most…

I changed my team now , I forgot about my boril :man_facepalming:

Any thoughts on this one? Don’t have Colen so I thought I try Shadereave…

1 Like

dont you want at least a single hero that can do damage though?

Day 1
Offense: 4-1
Defense: 1-0 (so far)
Score: 2702 / Top 1% (will definitely go down since I lost a match)

The one I lost was shocking. Just bad boards and boril managed to get his riposte up and I had no way to remove it, unfortunately. Oh well. :smiley:

First day, 4 wins, one lost. Lost agains this team:

I’m really curious what is the matchmaking process. I have only one troop maxed and only one hero +20 talent grid + costume. How is this fair? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

You should feel lucky Tibs didn’t have a costume, so the algorithm was already giving you a break. :laughing:

But yeah the difficulty ramps up waaaay too quickly. This past 5* rush tourney, I had only 1 allowed 5* (Telly+4), and I was fighting 4400+ teams with a 3900 team since day 2.

1 Like

I’m now reminded of why I ■■■■■■■ hate 3* and 4* rush tourneys: the outcome is 99% board dependent. Faced a Skittles tank so naturally brought some reds (went 2-2-1 red-purple-green). Well guess what, board started me off with a blue diamond and 20 blue tiles, 20!!! Unless I ran mono or 4-1 blue there’s just no way I could’ve worked my way out of that mess. ■■■■■■■ :dog::poop:!!

For 5* tourneys it’s not as bad since you can use mana troops and charge in 2 matches, often firing your specials before the defending team does. 3* and 4*? Forget it, better pray you brought the right colors or it’s game over from round 1. ■■■■!

1 Like

Same here; about to do the attack, but unless I get a good board, this probably is not going to end well…

already 2 very frustrating losses as the boards were just awful

w-L
D1 0-0
D2 1-0
D3 2-2
D4 2-3
D5 3-3

3 Likes

I’m 4-1 on attacks so far, and my defense is 5-2 - so far, so good!

My one loss on attack was frustrating, not because of a bad board, but because of TOO MUCH LUCK. How could that be, you might ask?

Well… I had things lined up to be decently under control. I had just killed the Cyprian tank, but he had fired and put counterattack onto his flanks: Skittleskull and Li Xiu. But I was in decent shape… my whole team had about half health, and both Gretel and Li Xiu were charged and ready. Costume Melendor and Hansel were both close to being charged, and I had a line of green ready to throw right up the middle where Cyprian was - perfect! I’ll charge cMelendor, dispel the counter, and go to town on the enemy team! Easy!

NOPE! The game said, “Hey, I know you wanted just those three green tiles up the middle, but HOW ABOUT A COMBO??” Yeah, a NINE-MOVE COMBO… including a bunch of yellow and green all smacking right into the enemy Sonya, Skittles, and Li Xiu, and now most of my team is barely clinging to life… except for Colen, who was at about half health.

Well… the big combo had charged those three: Sonya hit half-health Colen, bringing him to low health, then Skittles and Li Xiu finished off the whole team.

And the thing is, there was nothing lined up to be a combo… it was just the luck of the draw of stuff generating from beneath the board when I moved that 3-green match up the middle. DOH!

Oh well… I don’t think my neighbors heard me yelling at my phone to PLEASE STOP!!! :wink:

Good gaming!

3 Likes

Board was good enough, so 5-0 first day. Defense at 2-0. Top 5%

2 Likes