⚔ [14 Feb, 2021] - 95th Raid Tournament - 3* Buff Booster, All Elements

Defense not as good as the last time this tourney was ran. Currently 52.5% for a B grade. Don’t know exactly what the win loss record is as I’ve been working way more overtime than I want to due to the virus.

Offensively 12/3. 2 losses monday, 0 on tuesday and 1 today.

With all the complaints we always see about bad boards, I did want to share this. The following is a screen shot of my alt team after the first turn and a 20 times combo. Took my opponent in 2 turns and never fired a special

3 Likes

DAY 4:

W: 17
L: 3

I don’t remember the last time I was able to win all the battles two days in a row.

These were the enemy teams:

As the majority of you, I had to face teams over 3000 and I followed the strategy of @Cerevan_the_Omni. Thanks for the advice you gave to @Slobix.:+1:t4:

Unfortunately, my defense team had an E again (0:3).

Good luck and see you the last day.:wink:

3 Likes

I tried that today, and it worked, until it didn’t. :joy:
It was against this team:

Tried with Grevle, Mneseus, c.Berden, Kvasir, Frosty, but no green tiles, Mneseus was the first to die so big fat 0 in the end. Kvasir and Frosty just couldn’t do enough to protect my dispeller long enough.

But I I guess this 3-1-1 did ok. Also tried Grevle, c.Hawkmoon, Skrekok, Bauchan, Kvasir and it was pretty good. Like always when the board actually have some tiles of your strong main colour. :slight_smile:

15-5 so far, 4 wins tomorrow could take me to top 1% because defence is solid at 7-1.

2 Likes

Well, shame it didnt go completely your way… I still think on average for this tournament, 3 healers work best, since tanks in 3* arent really that big of a ‘‘tank.’’

1 Like

With it being day 4 now, and only my Kvasir has emblems, the day in offense went exactly as expected: 3-2. I lost to a Kailani Tank who I did finally beat but I had the opposite tiles to what I needed in this match. It was doomed before I even started.
My last match I decided to go Mono green, and i think i literally started with about 40% of the board being green tiles, so it was an instant win for me (no diamonds, but they didn’t get a special off) - I think it gave me all these tiles in match 5 to make up for the 2 i had terrible tiles in lol.

Day 1
Offence: 4-1
Defence: 5-0 / A Grade

Day 2
Offence: 5-0
Defence: 3-2 / A Grade

Day 3
Defense: 2-2 / A Grade

Day 4
Offence: 3-2
Defence: 1-0

Overall
Offence: 17-3
Defence: 11-4 (A Grade / 71.4%)
Score: 11,798

3 Likes

Finally managed a 5-0 day. RNG gave me 3 matches where the opening cascade took out multiple opposing heroes. Stayed with 3 Red stack with Belith and Grevle/Kvasir rounding up the team.

Defense has been streaky. 3 losses to end yesterday then 3 wins and another 2 losses. A - D - C and currently at 7-7 B

Screenshot_20210219_002259
Will need to continue winning to sneak into the top 1%

Good luck on the last day everyone!

5 Likes

Day 4
O: 5-0 :scream: (17-3 overall)
D: 0-1 (3-2 overall)

No I didn’t have godly boards, but what did make the difference was bringing along Kvasir whenever I didn’t face a yellow tank. Having a pseudo-heal at fast speed really does make a difference especially when boards are sucky.

Also one match against a Bane+20 tank, I went 3-2 purple/blue (Edd-cTyrum-Balthazar-Valen-Frosty) and got 4 purple tiles on the opening board, with 40% of the tiles being yellow :man_facepalming:. Thought it was gonna be a big fat 0 for sure, but thankfully I scraped together enough blues to heal just in time before total annihilation (my purples were all down to <100 health and one slash away from dying). Valen fired on Bane and he didn’t withstand the defense debuff, then tiled him out. Once I could start ghosting I played it very very conservatively and managed to wear down the defense one hero at a time.

The key there was using Valen and not his costume for the defense debuff, so even tiles started doing good damage. Had I used cValen to try and take advantage of buff boost I doubt I would’ve won the match.

4 Likes

When it works, it is awesome! :joy:

Screenshot_20210219_092531

Strong finish here for 5-0 (20-5), which should be enough for top 1% with good defence (C A A A probably A).

See you at the loot side!

4 Likes

What’s up friends!
Weekly recap
ATTAX
20W 5L
5LS in no particular order…

Screenshot_20210219-035327 Screenshot_20210219-035405
DEFENSE
Screenshot_20210219-035452
4W/6L
OVERALL

Hoping to have my Def hold me in the top 1%. Need a CPL wins with no more losses
GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE

2 Likes

Hey @Liam_K what are those 2 medals next to your name? Do they signify something cool? They definitely look cool

DAY 5:

W: 17
L: 4

I lost the first battle today. Really bad board at the beggining.

Regarding my defense team, I had an E every single day:

This is the reason why I didn’t use the gems to go on. Just getting 200 extra points is penalising me really hard. I didn’t expect that my defense team was so bad.

Good luck with the chest, take care and see you in the next tournament. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s a Post of the Day award given by JonahTheBard (or I guess any Moderator can do it) :smiley:

2 Likes

Another expected day of bad boards and games. 3-2 again (I bought back in to stay top 1%)
I was against Gunnar Tanks today so did Mono Green (no emblems at all on mine, all opposition were +20). I risked the mono green and had bad boards, i did win 3 though so not the worst (I did tank bust on each which netted me 88 pts on the 2 lost ones)

Day 1
Offence: 4-1
Defence: 5-0 / A Grade

Day 2
Defence: 3-2 / A Grade

Day 3
Defense: 2-2 / A Grade

Day 4
Defence: 1-0 / A Grade

Day 5
Defence: 0-0

Overall
Offence: 20-5
Defence: 11-4 (A Grade / 73.3%)
Score: 14,470 (hopefully with a +900 for A Grade)

2 Likes

I’m done

Defence is won 3 lost 2

1 Like

That one time when it didnt, was an error in system :stuck_out_tongue:

Defense was attacked 20+ times and was going back and forth A-B-A-B all week

2 Likes

10 straight wins to end the tournament in a positive mood. Now I kinda wish I had paid more attention to the matches against Gunnar tanks instead of just trying to bludgeon it with 3 Reds :sweat_smile:

Defense is at 9-9 so may be enough to hang on to top 1%

Good luck and hoping for the best loot for all

3 Likes

Day 4 & 5

Ok lost 1 on day 4. Acceptable. So this put high pressure. Had a very tough battle today…only Frosty & Kvasir alive against Bane & Karil. Bane had already killed 2 heroes of mine. I was able to ghost & charge my heroes many times. The poison & minions helped…wow I won it. :sunglasses: Step by step I was able to beat the others.

17:7 13539

My defense is winning this one…straight A’s enable a shot to top 1%. Let’s see.

9:3 A A A A A

3 Likes

went 20:4 (didnt do rebuy) and E from day one, only 2 attacks… top 10% :confused:
Guess thats it for complete buff boosting strategy…

Maybe this rule could use a bit of uplift in attack bonus for buffs… It doesnt seem to be much, thus you end ub going back to normal team defense…

1 Like

I went against a team that had 2 Bauchan’s as Wings, they were so much more annoying that I had anticipated or expected,. Just as you get your tiles to fire, one goes off… then you get it again, the other goes off. Both were +20 (and using mono green were not easy to kill).

(Bauchan / Grevle / Kvasir / Frosty / Bauchan) - all +20
i won it some how though

2 Likes