⚔ [13th Sept, 2020] - 73rd Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, No Holy/ Yellow

Oh hey thanks @Olmor! Honestly didn’t notice. :innocent: :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Wrong tank color…you probably want An-Wndr together with Gunnar (paladin)
Bjorn is weaker this week as his damage bonus against holy is lost. If he got the most emblems it’s still a good idea to use him.

2 Likes

Thanks Vikingblood80! Appreciate it :slight_smile: unfortunately no Gunnar here but will check the set-up again

Going with the successful team from previous run. Thought about replacing Hawkmoon with Grevle…but decided against it.

4 Likes

If red or blue are not banned i like to run a c.hawkmoon/gunnar core supported by Jahgnir on rush attack.
I will add some mana control this time with Chochin slow mana % and carvern mana cut.
Hopefully it wont be so easy to counter as in epic or legendary tier because you will need a dispeller and a cleanse to face this defense. Though all defenses are beatable , lets hope this team hold on well. I have been sucessful with C.hawkmoon/gunnar/Jahgnir before on rush

2 Likes

Thought of bringing in costumed Friar Tuck as healer, so I can also bring Jahangir as my Red. (Hawkmoon’s attack boost is great, though).

Tuck on flank so he fires early-ish, and those stacking Red against him will be punished by Ulmer. Jahangir on opposite wing to force attackers to decide which side is more dangerous.

I know Ulmer overlaps a bit with Gill-Ra, but Ulmer is my best Blue for the job, and if he fires after Gill-Ra has, he’ll be quite devastating. (Also have Nordri +9 and Gunnar +9, but I prefer Ulmer’s direct damage to Gunnar).

Other Purple choices are Bjorn +6, Balthy +6, and Tyrum (with or without costume) +7. I figured dispel on defense isn’t that useful, and other-color AoEs will be more useful than single-attacking Purples (or double-attacking Bjorn who loses the extra damage vs. Yellow), especially as they have equal emblem levels. Also have An-Windr +1 and Oberon no emblems.

Thoughts welcome! @Vikingblood80

3 Likes

Probably going with:

4 Likes

Not sure which of these 2 i will use…

Or

So i suppose the question is how effective a tank can ole Renfeld make when all dressed up? Im no fan of having to go up against Onatel in that position, and could do with some mana control in there. Other option is taking out 1 of the Bjorn Bros to use all 3 of the pictured purples.

Thoughts? Good luck folks!

3 Likes

Not sure if An Windr is any good, anyone out there have thoughts on him? I also have 2 x Bjorns, I too almost put baby onatel in tank but thought Jahangir +19 might take that spot. Thoughts?

2 Likes

“At least i can try stacking blue,” would be my thought upon facing that defense.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen any responses to thoughts on An-Windr. I just finished him and I was thinking of putting him at tank. :woman_shrugging:

Pity I never leveled my Gil-Ra I could have loaded her up with sorcerer emblems.

1 Like

I’ve used him for attacking in last 3* rush, I was nicely surprised. But imo, the question is can he stay alive long enough to steal that mana as a tank, without emblems? Effect is gone when he’s down, so… I guess it will punish only a very bad board. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I’m thinking this team.

3 Likes

Here’s what I’m thinking:

I could also replace Carver with Brienne or Mnessus. Could throw in about anyone else as well. Ulmer, jahangir, Tyrum, gill-ra…

3 Likes

I’ve got An-Windr, but I’m not sure about him… I need to somehow test him, because if he fires his special again before it expires, does it reset it and NOT do the damage??

Hard to test with the SLOW version of him, though… not easy to get him charged again before it expires. That’s my concern, because it’s essentially a buff that does damage when it expires. Is it coded to do the damaged if it is RENEWED, or does it just reset?

Anyone know for sure?

Good gaming!

2 Likes

I’m guessing he’ll be dead before he fires twice. If not, your defense will probably win anyway. Just my thoughts, haven’t used him much yet.

OK, first off… if placed in the tank position for Rush Attack tourney with no Yellow to stack against him, he could easily fire twice. :slight_smile:

Now, the bad news… @Tess_01, I just confirmed by testing on a map stage: if An-Windr fires again before his special expires, he does NO damage and it resets the countdown timer.

Thus, my conclusion: An-Windr is an awful tank for Rush Attack. If the enemy keeps throwing tiles at him and charging him repeatedly, his main damage will never happen… all he will get is a higher attack stat for his slash attacks.

I might still put him on the wing though… at least there, he will get hit less and his damage may apply. But even with Rush Attack, once he fires, the damage is still delayed in coming out, so I think Jahangir is probably still better for AOE damage in this, all things considered.

Good gaming!

4 Likes

I’ve considered grevle too… I’d probably remove bjorn tho.

I’m afraid to there’s not enuf fire power here tho.

2 Likes

You can not have enough def down.

That is what I went with…thought to replace with Grevle as his attack lasts 1 round longer…but that would allow bringing green dispellers against…better to have red.

I would not stack red here against friar tuck but green against Ulmer…and dispell against friar tuck…so good to have Jahangir over there. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

@WaVe can you do me a solid please?
I used to have that set up where you can show your heroes the way you do . Is there any way you do or anyone else that uses it could share the link with me please?.