Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2020-12-13T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2020-12-14T08:00:00Z
2020-12-19T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :sun_with_face:
No Dark/ Purple
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [May 03, 2020] - 54th Raid Tournament - 5*, Buff Booster; No Purple/ Dark

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

2 Likes

Im deliberating between these two teams. I like the odin tank option. However i know that Francine and JF by itself can discourage a blue stack so i dont consider it a big bet to go JF tank.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Each week I publish a sneak peak preview video n Friday or Saturday. Here is this Sunday’s Tournament — Which heroes will you be using in your defense?

5 Likes

Suing or using? :thinking:

2 Likes

There is a new hero, an attorney. We can now sue the other team.

*typo has been fixed—thank you!

3 Likes

Hi Jekyl, please help me, which of the teams i posted seems more viable to you? Sif and Odin being same family could be interesting right? Thank you !

Hm, I’d say my best options for this tourney are presented bellow - 3 teams, but opened to suggestions how to change the mix. Not too many buffers, though. Any idea how to improve them?

Screenshot_20201212_202552

Lack of good options, so one of the following or some kind of mix:

Fwiw I’m actually leaning towards the first one, since Joon tanks terribly even without the strong color present, and at least Gravey offers some protection against green, while Mits offers protection against blue. I’m deliberately baiting blue for the first one, because they’ll need 5-6 tiles to take out cRichard+20 even going mono, and if Mits goes off they’ve basically lost.

@Slobix Probably the third one, except I’d swap Heimdall and Kiril’s positions because when Heimdall does revive, any charged hero will go off immediately without waiting a turn.

1 Like

I agree with your thinking… If one does not have at least a decent tank in the strongest element (holly this time), he should not insist on putting just any holy hero in the center.

And thanks for the input, might move Kiril to the left flank. Would be good to get those useful buffs earlier in the battle. Gonna see if GM would discourage green stack a little bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I usually don’t mono defense but going to give this a try.

1 Like

Setup - I’m thinking of using one of the following lineups for this tournament. Keep in mind, I don’t have a Yellow tank that I can turn to at this time, so I’m looking at one of the three tanks I do have at my disposal. One of which is Kunchen who is not eligible for this tournament.

I also have Poseidon, Leonidas, Mist+11 and Guardian Jackel+11, Gullinbursti, and Guinevere, I could plug into this lineup for an all Yellow defense. I figured if I went with a legitimate tank protected by the appropriate hero it can delay things enough for my Yellows to go off.

Thought?

1 Like

Do you have a full Guin? I think she could perform in this tournament as a tank. She is very passive however she is giving buff and healing to nearby allies.
She has an use in this format? you can consider her if shes maxed

Frigg vs Telluria as tank. I think i would chose telluria. Shes sturdier, can slow down and on the top shes buffing all the party.

So, personally i would chose a tank that can buff the party and therefore take advantage from this boosting rule. Telluria is fine, guin is ok too specially without purple.

Pd: Finley is nice to have too. I think there will br a lot of buff in the attack team. Maybe

Finley - Frigg - Guin- Poseidon- Joon ?

1 Like

Good input @Lexxtarc! My Guinevere is only at 4/80! I have been wanting to put emblems on her, but something always seems to come along and I redirect the emblems there.

I just finished leveling Frigg and powered +15 emblems on her. I’m dying to take her for a ride, but I’m still testing Kunchen as my main tank. I was leaning toward Telluria as well for the same reasons you mentioned. I figured I would take Frigg out for a ride in a couple of weeks when we have the 5* Bloody tournament no Red/Fire. My green will all come out to play then! :wink:

1 Like

Just to provide a counterpoint, Telluria isn’t half the hero Frigg is. Average vs fast gives attackers more time to maneuver, and the worst part about Telluria’s special is just that mana slow, which if you play the board right can still be overcome even if you don’t cleanse it. But Frigg? There’s the potential to give up to a 44% defense debuff, you don’t cleanse that Frigg’in debuff away you’ll die from slash attacks alone.

I know I’d much rather face Telluria than Frigg, because at least I know how to deal with her. Frigg you truly are at the mercy of the board, just pray you’ve cleared most of the green tiles when she does go off, or it’s really really gonna hurt.

Guin IMO is actually not an ideal tank for this tourney, her entire gimmick is she neuters your purple stack due to that defense buff. But since you can’t stack purple anyway, half her special is basically wasted. HoT can also be dispelled, and because she does no damage, you’re basically relying on her mana cut to stall the attackers. In 2020 that just doesn’t cut it anymore me thinks.

1 Like

True but i think this is one of the few times where you can consider undust a Guin. The buffs are mostly dispeleable in all the heroes not only Guin, anyways you still use them on a buff booster where the main idea is taking advantage of the buff.

@JAWS1 if you decide to go with Frigg please tell us how you perform later. I have my doubts about it but i understand why others would put frigg without hesitation .

Why I dont see that clear?

The context is a buff booster non purple tournament where you want to stack buffs to increase the power (even the slash attack are by far stronger).

I still defend Telluria despite people start dusting her, for war and some tournaments like this i still prefer her as tank because i find Frigg a little squishy to do the job, frigg is powerful but she has to fire, she needs protection or a fire stack could take her down in less tiles than telluria, thats why i see her better suited to flank where is best protected. (Most people use frigg as flank if you see the ranking)

That sounds good. I see myself running an agressive tank to take advantage of the non healing rule.

1 Like

My point about Guin is her biggest threat to you the attacker is the mana cut, one part of her special is completely wasted in this tourney, and the other is just a HoT, which isn’t all that threatening. All this just a fancy way of saying, she could be used as somewhat of a tile dump because her special is not immediately threatening other than stalling you. The same thought process applies to Telluria except replace mana cut with mana slow.

This is in direct contrast to tanks like BK or Frigg, where if either goes off, they either become much harder to kill with a highly threatening secondary effect (BK’s taunt+berserk), or they make your whole team much easier to kill (Frigg). These tanks punish a below average board much harder, and sometimes forces you into making non-optimal tile moves if you want to avoid setting them off at the wrong time.

Yes I understand the buff boost context, however I’ve almost always ignored it in favor of putting up a defense with stronger synergy. After all, unless all your heroes are close to firing their specials, the buff only applies to slash attacks, which isn’t going to do a whole lot more damage at +40% attack (for 2 buffs). This isn’t Wu we’re talking about where slash damage is literally almost doubled.

Also the reason most why you see Frigg on flank in the leaderboard is due to the new fad that’s trying to evolve: a green-red-green center, with the red being BK most of the time, and the greens inevitably being two of either Francine (extra damage against blue), Zeline (extra damage against blue, dispel+attack debuff), or Frigg (defense debuff).

1 Like

Sorry all, a little slow on this.

From the last time this tourney was ran

9 Likes

I wouldn’t disregard 20% mana cut and 2 buffs just like that. If she fires (which is probable without purple), with strong and fast flanks, Guin could still be one of the queens in this tourney. At least, it will be very difficult to recover from a bad board. And that is the point, actually. No defence can defeat a great board.

1 Like

Onatel-Team:
1 - strong def stats + mana control
2 - Mitsuko + GM to invite blues against Mitsy reflect buff and to discourage greens with their dispellers
3 - Mitsuko to synergize with Onatel for mana control
4 - C-Magni for hitting and def debuffing
5 - C-Kadilen for some annoying dodging (really annoying when paired with mana control heroes)

2nd option with Sif: more buffing against less synergies

What you think guys?:thinking:

3 Likes