⚔ [13th Dec, 2020] - 86th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Dark/ Purple

I think I will go with this, feedback/opinions are welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last Time, result Grade A on defense, but that’s before nerf Telluria and Vela.

1st draft,…

3 Likes

What do you think?

I aso have: Miki, Malosi, Gazelle, Vela, Telluria

Neith as the obvious tank…

Mitsy to threaten Blue stack

JF to invite blue stack

Magni to discourage Greens (EDIT: sorry, brainfart… not to discourage but invite greens… greens got basically nothing to dispell here)

Kingstone as a finisher (my Kadilen isn’t maxed yet and i think Telluria is wasted in the corner…)

Any advice would be welcome!

1 Like

I’m stuck on this one.

Option 1: Francine / Aegir / Rana / Elena / Joon costume

Option 2: Francine / Aegir / Rana / Inari / Joon costume

Option 3: Marjana / Aegir / Rana / Inari / Joon costume

Logic:

• I want a Yellow tank, Rana is the tankiest (over Inari, Joon, Malosi)
  • I want Aegir because he gives 3 buffs. He’s average mana so should be a flank
  • Aegir invites Green stacks with Caedmon and Melendor, so a Red would be nice to help discourage that. Elena also buffs, but slow so should be flank… Marjana doesn’t buff, but makes a good Wing. Azlar is not an option.
  • Inari buffs and Joon has Fighter talent/hits harder, so they go in over Malosi
  • Francine could be an option over Marjana, as Francine buffs too. Her cleanse is nice. but color-wise, she has poor synergy with Aegir - would deter Blue attackers but not Green. for that reason I am not considering my other Greens (Margaret, Gregorion), same problem with the colors and they make worse wings than Francine

I think Option 3 is best, it’s not fantastic but it’s the best of the three.

meh. @Vikingblood80 maybe you can think of something better? I think we both generally struggle with defense-setting for 5* tourneys…

PS I will give the crit troop to Rana… too lazy to change it now lol

1 Like

Will ninja Mica be a good tank? Even though I have it without talent?

my all yelow heroes

2 Likes

Don’t have many (leveled) 5* yet. Something like this?

Options:

1 Like

To throw something in for brainstorming: (Aegir tank, GBR core)

Rana Francine Aegir Elena Joon

Yes…but Inaris skill & class is useful on tank, too. Ranas skill is very nice at tank…one major issue…she only hits 3… If you want to use Inari then I would use her as tank.

Yellow core: (without Aegir)

Francine Rana Inari Elena Joon

I would go definitely with Elena on this one.

I would definitely use Francine.

I am not sure which version of Joon…fighter revive, harder hit, lesser blind vs monk resist ailments, lesser hit, higher blind…probably go fighter as intended.

Just my feeling :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Finally i have decided to go for Odin tank instead of sif or another colour.

Lets see how it performs. Im weak to dispel but thanks to vela and JF people would have to bring cleanse too. Not that difficult these days

1 Like

thanks @Vikingblood80 some great food for thought there! leaning towards Inari tanking indeed… will mull it over.

1 Like

Good choice. Think he will be one of top-tanks this week. :+1: I don’t have him. He would definitely be my choice.

2 Likes

Not much choice here…just replacing Marjana with Tyr on my standard defense.

5 Likes

I think il go with this. Thoughts on my team?

Average bench player here, going with BT- Willbur- LiXiu- Kiril- unfinished Bei Yong

Too much defense but don’t have better buffers :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

what is missing in this team??? ahhhh yes, where are the hitters?

nevermind, this week team yellow mana manipulators are on the stage.

poseidon don’t forget, ladies first.

good luck to everyone

1 Like

I don’t have any of the yellow tanks so my team feels a bit cobbled together. We shall see but I’m not overly confident

1 Like

Settled on this defense:

Only question is, do I use paladin or barbarian Richard?

Paladin Richard is slightly sturdier and the attack debuff lasts longer, but barbarian Richard hits quite a bit harder (~15%). The attack debuff can be easily overwritten with any cleanser or buffer (of which there are many available outside of cRigard), so I’m thinking packing a bigger punch is probably slightly better. Although if the paladin talent procs, Richard makes himself virtually indestructible outside of a heavy green stack. :thinking:

@Slobix @WaVe @jinbatsu @ApollosEmpire @Vikingblood80

2 Likes

Well, I’m not really good at 5* heroes, as I have few, but in this case: a tanks job is to take as much hits as possible to protect the rest. So I would go for regular Richard, and rely on the rest for damage.

2 Likes

Well, there’s not much of a difference between them. And you already have heavy punchers. The only advantage of the regular Richard is a paladin tallent, which may be useful, since you are open to a green stack. I don’t afraid of GM to use a green stack, so would go for extra defence. But the difference is not so significant, so whatever you choose should be solid.

2 Likes

It’s funny because when you mentioned the paladin talent, I just realized that it counts as a buff, so it at least somewhat takes advantage of the buff boost rule, whereas the barbarian talent is next to useless in nearly every situation. And given what @WaVe mentioned above, I think I’m gonna go with paladin Richard for this one. :+1:

@WaVe Good point, the longer the tank can survive, the less the attackers are likely to win since they can’t ghost.

2 Likes