No Fire/ Red
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format:⚔ [25th Oct, 2020] - 79th Raid Tournament - 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/ Red

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

5 Likes

I’m pretty much sure I want these 4 heros in defence this time - Just not sure about Gato, or his position.

Would it be better to put some AoE, like Chick Jr.+18, or c.Ulmer+18? Or just to switch Gato’s amd Bjorn’s positions? :thinking:

The amount of greens present in this picture truly hurts my eyes. :goggles:

Apparently this defense worked ok. This time though I’m thinking of replace cBrienne with Grevle, and maybe just doing something entirely different. Maybe Tyrum-cIsshtak-Grevle-Carver-Melia? We’ll see.

Also maybe I really ought to finish that Whacker and maaaaaaaybe power level a second… :thinking:

Could also try to fit Candy in there somewhere, choices choices choices…

12 Likes

Going with this, think this should do just fine. I can put more aggressive heroes in but they don’t have emblems so I think this will be better.

Btw, I didn’t post my loot last tourney, but in short: I got top 5% and 50 embs is all that’s noteworthy :smile:

2 Likes

I currently set this:

Reasoning: average in the middle, fast in wing, grevle is tanky with overheal and attackbuff, cish for damage and deff-down, bjorn just hits hard, melia fast hit all with critbuff and then mnessus for dispell and damage

Some other options:
C-belith (though I don’t have many druid blems left, helo will also needs those, and she’s at +7)
C-brienne (and then maybe Kvasir for melia?)
(C)berden?
C-tuck, c/cb carver, shrubbear, by-ulf, but they all would need embleming

For purple, maybe tyrum?(with or without costume)

Alternatively (if I blem belith a bit more)

Which do you fear more?

2 Likes

First draft.

3 Likes

For gato: Do you have a better option in green, or yellow/purple? Unless they bring an amazing special, I wouldn’t set blue, as the almost guaranteed greens in offense will easily deal with him. Only blue I see in last top10 is gunnar (double buff and a lot of durability)

1 Like

Yeah, saw my defence last time: 3 greens + Melia + Bjorn. The thing is that I did some emblem reshuffling and now my Mneseus is with 0 emblems… Hmm… Maybe I could do a switch temporarily - wasting some foods and iron, but his dispell would be super useful in offence and defence. :tipping_hand_man:t2:

Edit: Made Mneseus much stronger, so my defence would be like this:

This is exactly the same as the last time, just more emblems. Last time it got As (10-2).

Or maybe to switch Mneseus and Melia:

1 Like

Yes, much scarier. For mnessus/melia: don’t think it will matter much. Flank usually fires earlier then wing, so do you want the buff earlier, or the dispell?

Probably going with this

Prefer cCarver to Grevle at tank. He’s no Li Xiu, but that uncleansable mana slow will hopefully be an annoyance in addition to the AOE damage. cBelith adds a 2nd healer with HoT counting as a buff, plus an undispellable buff to all. Tyrum and Poppy served me well in defense last week, so keeping them in there as the damage dealers while the middle 3 keeps them alive and slows down the enemy.

On the offense side, I just pulled Whacker and will level him up (sorry Gramps) since I have Barbarian emblems to spare

3 Likes

I’ll guess I’ll try this one. It has 4 damage dealers, so hopefully will punish a rough start enough to win

I really thought about putting c-belith in, as she’s really suited to this tournament, but I don’t really have the emblems to get her to 18, and who to replace? I guess c-ishhtak, but that will make my team a lot less dangerous. What do you guys think?

4 Likes

IMO, Grevle is awesome tank here… But if he’s tanking, no need for another healer. I’d go with more aggressive approach. :slight_smile:

I will go with this defense.

5 Likes

I am trying like this

or this

4 Likes

Last Time

1st draft…
I will use Belith Costume.

5 Likes

Thinking about this

Maybe too passive? Or should I switch Kvasir with Poppy (can give some emblems) or Mnesseus +11? Wondering how worthy Kvasir will be in this tournament :thinking:

Can’t wait to use Candy and Whacker in offence by the way :smiley:

1 Like

I will try this:

1 Like

And of course I could go with the tried and true option last time:

Thoughts/comments/inputs/insults welcomed

2 Likes

2nd draft:

What do you think?

1 Like

I wish there was a hitter instead of Brienne in the corner. In that position, she probably won’t be a decisive factor - either you lost already, or attacker had a terrible board and he’s already struggling with taunt, bees and everything.

1 Like