⚔ [13 Jun, 2021] - 112th Raid Tournament - 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/Red

Day 3 and I’m out. Did my battles today in the morning.

Wasn’t unexpected, the opponent team wasn’t even that hard, but all troops max and everything +20 is just a little bit tiresome. Me and 3* tournaments will never be good friends.

I hope you guys do better and see you next week in another super funny (at least for me) 3* tournament.

PS. I don’t have to count my defense win loss ratio. It’s bad, that’s all to say about that :rofl::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

You could emblem a few key 3* to +15 /+18/+20 and manage those hefty teams a bit better. 3* are relative cheap to emblem; +15 would be around 150 emblems.

1 Like

Yeah I know, but than there is always another 4* or 5* who needs some emblems super urgent :grimacing:

I have my blue event team emblemed, that works just fine for nearly all Rare events to reach top 1k without using to much items. So if I want to be competitive in 3* raid tournaments I would probably need at least 3-4 key heroes in each color emblemed and probably some leveled troops. As it is at the moment, most of my heroes are just oneshots when the opponent is charged, so against offensive tanks its just a whoever charge first wins.
I’m not really complaining, I mean I know what I could do to improve it, but at the moment I don’t have any troops left to feed my 2* troops, and without lvled troops its probably not enough only to emblem the heroes to reach top 1% or 5%.
So at the moment I’m concentrating on 4* and 5* tournaments, especially 4* tournaments work really good normally.

2 Likes

So if I want to be competitive in 3* raid tournaments I would probably need at least 3-4 key heroes in each color emblemed
→ Yes, this is what I have done. I don’t have enough 5* to really compete with the whales, so I leave those I have at +7 / +10 and prioritize emblems for my 4* (and then 3*).

and probably some leveled troops
→ I have 2 attack and 1 defense 2* for every colour at +5/+7, which is enough to compete and reach top1/top5 (usually…).

But of course, your choice. We’ll see next week :wink:

2 Likes

2 successive losses in Matches 2 and 3 almost put me out of the tournament. First loss was against a Helo tank. Took me at least 7 or 8 moves before I got my first Green match. Tank was passive so still had a chance, but then my Poppy hit the opponent’s Jarvur multiple times. Not enough to kill him, but enough for his Realm poison to kick in. After that it was just watching my heroes get slashed and poisoned to death :skull_and_crossbones:

Next match was against a tough +100 defense. Grevle flanked by cBelith and Gunnar, with Kvasir and Poppy in the wings. Would have needed a good board to win it and just didn’t get it either.

Survived the next 2 to finish with a 17-3 record. Defense hung on to an A on Day 3 (12-8) and is 3-0 today so good chance of finishing top 1% with some wins tomorrow.

Day Offense Defense Score Tier
1 5-0 2-2 (B) 2646 T1
2 9-1 6-1, 8-3 (A) 5511 T5
3 14-1 4-5, 12-8 (A) 9050 T1
4 17-3 3-0, 15-8 (A) 11885 T1

Good luck everyone

5 Likes

Next week is a 4* Rush, no Dark so should be more fun. At least for those (unlike me) who have the Pig :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yesss :grin:

4* rush are normally extremely funny…

1 Like

+20 costumebonus li!

Yeah, the +20 monks (cBoldtusk, Li Xiu + CB) and druids (Melendor + CB, Caedmon + CB) will feature a lot next week. Too bad I don’t have emblems for cSonya or cChao

1 Like

Back to the current tournament:

Offense 5-0; 19-1 total.
1battle was hard, but thankfully the board turned in time.

Defense not changed; 11/3.

Summary

Screenshot_20210617-204012

Screenshot_20210617-210145

5 Likes

Day 3
O: 4-1
D: Forgot but dropped to a B :frowning:

Day 4
O: 4-1 (17-3)
D: 0-0 still B

Day 3 is when I started going 4-1 instead if 3-1-1 more often. Sometimes I just don’t have enough tile damage or firepower to take out anybody unless I run a 4 stack. Obviously amps up the RNG factor but hey that’s what happens when you take a +0 team with lv 5 trops to a +100 team with lv 15 troops lol. Defense dropped to a B sadly (but just barely), so will only make top 1% if I go 5-0 tomorrow. But top 5% should be relatively safe hopefully.

Hear hear, it really does get tiresome very fast. Fwiw I’ve found Kvasir to still be the MVP for this tourney even if all he does is summon minions. Those minions essentially amount to around 140 HP “healing” each, so take two and suddenly you’re “healing” for around 33% at fast speed. Plus one you build up enough minions the damage really does start to add up, especially since they also give poison DoT on top.

Not even 1* feeders? I saved all my 1* feeders for my 2* troops since they’re relatively cheap to level and I don’t get the sense they’ll become prohibitively expensive to level with 1* troops even at a high(er) level. I’m glad I didn’t waste 1* feeders on 4* troops, would’ve cost too much and taken way too long.

5 Likes

It’s not as bad as the 3* and 4* troops, but at level 11, my 2* troop will use up 42K per troop eaten. You need 17 1* troops for the 700XP to get to lvl 12, so that’s 714K ham.

Getting from lvl 6 to lvl 7 requires 400XP or 10 1* troops. After that, it’s probably more efficient to start using 2* troops.

Thanks for the info. Yeah it does start to get expensive, but a lv 23 4* troop costs 132K per troop so I guess I’m used to seeing outrageous food costs, and 42K by comparison honestly doesn’t seem that bad.

For 2* troops lv 12 also seems to be a good stopping point, since you’re only missing the last 1% on each of the 3 stats, and except in a minority of edge cases, I really doubt that missing 1% is going to be the difference between a win and loss.

I’s use 2* troops but I find they’re great for leveling low level 4* troops where the ham cost is still manageable and doesn’t become astronomical without using 3* or even 4* troops, so 2* troops I’m restricting to being fed 1* only.

Screenshot_20210618_113227

After 14 consecutive win Finally this tiny guy managed to defeat me…Good job :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Day 4

O : 5-0 (19-1)

Go with same tactic in 1-3 attack but change to C Belith - C Brienne, Chochin, C Tyrum, C Renfeld in 4th and 5th attack since, in 4th, the defense team is mono yellow (2 Poppy, 3 Agnes), and in 5th, tank and two flank are yellow. However, it turn out that both 4th and 5th attack board is pretty full of yellow. In 4th attack, the board have is a lot of yellow but there is a lot of movement as well, so I lose only 2 heroes at the end. In 5th attack, it is even worse that the board have is a lot of yellow but there is no mcuh movement, I lose 3 heroes at the end and 2 survivor have hp about 100. It is very close fight. At least, the tile I want come enough at the end :slightly_smiling_face:

D : 7-3

@MonsterMonty What is your defense team ?

5 Likes

Day 5:

O: 5-0 (21-4)
D: 0-1 (3-4) A B B C

Had a lot of fun on last day, with super exciting battles and unexpected turnarounds. Once I was close to being defeated, when suddenly was able to charge my c.Gunar, Nordri and Chick Jr. to wipe out half of the dence team. Two times I was confident I’m winning, but then Poppy fired 5 times, killing fully charged Kvasir (with 90% health) and almost killing Bjorn (died from a slash attack later on). In next battle Grumps revived 3 allies, so basically had to do it all over again.

This should be enough for top 1%, but I wouldn’t mind if defence scores few points more. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Decided to finish the tournament early this time and it turned out to be a good decision. Some tough teams on paper but nothing too stressful. Happy to complete without having to rebuy for the 2nd straight week.

Easily in top 1% even without the 15-9 (A) defense. Poppy and Whacker were really fun to use on offense. I won’t call them overpowered but they made attacking less of a grind. No regrets embleming them at all

Good luck to those still to finish and happy loot opening

7 Likes

So total 23:2(4:1, 5:0, 4:1, 5:0, 4:1)

All the fights I used Balthazar CB +20, Poppy +14, Grevle +17, Kvasir + 19, Born +19.
Once I switch Balthazar for Agnes because of Two purple flanks.
Once Balthazar for Belith, because of Gunnar tank and I need a dispeller. This fight was my firs lost, Gunnar fire, I couldn’t charge Belith on time, the opposite Belith heal and was game over.

Defence is not going great C(0:0), B(2:2), A(3:2), B(3:3)

I hope will be enough for top 1% :wink:

6 Likes

Day 5:

Off : 21 - 4

Def : 10 - 0 !

I should finish in the top 1%. First time ever that my defense is undefeated in more than just 2 or 3 attacks if it holds. :crossed_fingers:t2::sunglasses::+1:t2:

7 Likes

Day 5
O: 4-1 (21-4)
D: 0-1 (5-5)

Used a heavy green stack against 4 teams today, and the boards were all either correspondingly generous, or there were enough green tiles at the beginning to get rid of the most dangerous heroes and create some ghosting lanes. So I was able to make it to the last match without having to waste 75 gems. I figured my RNG luck had absolutely ran out by that point, and went 3-1-1 yellow/green/purple against this:

Almost as if to troll me, starting board was littered with greens and purples, like there were enough tiles to charge average speed heroes in both colors. I did have half a thought of stacking purple instead against Kvasir, but changed to a yellow stack at the last minute and that cost me a potential win. :sob: I mean I did manage to take out two heroes so not a total loss, but now I’m not entirely sure if I can make it to top 1% or not.

Defense is bleh, oh well.

Considering I’ve been fighting +100 teams with a +0 team since day 2 I consider this an extremely good result.

7 Likes