or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format:

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

6 Likes

Assuming it stays as it is, Onyx wouldn’t be bad to have in defense team, as he blocks buffs. Seshat too for dispel. And Bera of course.

1 Like

Do slayers stacks count as buffs?

Yes. Each type of stack is a buff

Hmmm
Wont slayers be OP in this format then?

To make it fair, i suppose finley should be able to chain off slayers stacks

Not that i hv finley…

They are still slow and 2 buffs only on themselves is not really that dangerous. There are a lot of heroes faster and giving more buffs to all.

And I don’t think there are so many slayers around. They would have been perfect in the last rush tournament and I didn’t faced a single one. And I don’t think I have seen many reported in the thread either.

So slayers are great heroes pretty much everywhere but I wouldn’t say op anywhere outside of rush, and even there I’m not sure until I could try against some.

1 Like

I assume most people that have slayers already maxed opted for making a team around Alfrike: 1 or 2 Alfrikes, resurectors, LoL, Krampus… They played safe this time. But you’re right, I think I saw just one Caitlin. :slight_smile:

I faced 3 teams with slayers; one even had 3. However, with help from decent boards, I won them all

But with a less then reasonable board, I can see how those stacks will make the difference.

Don’t think I’ll do as well next week, my best purple is Ursena, whose buff is kinda useless this format.

1 Like

I fought one team of Alfrike + Senan. Alfrike was manageable but Senan killed my team dead with ludicrous damage and HP absorbing fiends.

This tourney Onyx will be troublesome with his buff blocker. Alfrike maybe too if the board is bad but she’s still very slow here, unless if someone got and already maxed Xnolphod. Him as a tank and Alfrike on flank could be nasty.

1 Like

I’ll probably tank with either Freya or Bera. Freya would give a buff to the team. Would it be too minion dependent if I tanked tanked Freya and flanked Bera? Scared I might get wiped by a Skadi or one of the other anti-minion heroes lol.

Does this work?

My thoughts are Seshat is a definite for me in this tourny and her home is left wing.
CKiril left flank. I want a healer and I have attack up with Ares, so no BT or uncostumed version, and with the little dispell of Seshat, cKiril will overwrite enemies attack and defense buffs.
Chakko at tank I just don’t know about. He should be maxed and have a handfull of nodes by tourny start. I like the idea of a buff block for the enemy and AoE to go along with the bunny. Level 23 troop and if his passive is active, he should be somewhere between average and fast speed defensively.
Ares right flank for buffs and the attack up and critical for Killhare.
Killhare should be a beast, especially Ares specials and the boost from those specials.
Thought?

2 Likes

1st draft

3 Likes

This will have to doo…

2 Likes

1st draft,…

not sure if this is the best setup… maybe I would switch Panther with Onyx, but he is unpredict when he cast his special on defense…

EDIT… 2nd draft…

3 Likes

I hate buff booster. I don’t have a dark hero giving buffs. Without yellow I have a single 5* dispeller and only for 3.
So no expectations this week, and just some nearly mono dark defense. Doesn’t work normally, but doesn’t really matter. If either offense or defense works that would be a huge surprise for me.

Screenshot_20210912_133620_com.smallgiantgames.empires

3 Likes

Still having a mix of 4* and 5* and I am way better at planning offence team then defence. I am still pondering what to use. I got 3 teams ideas. Who do you like?

• Team 1 Kong tank
  • Team 2 Kiril Tank
  • Team 3 Obakan tank

0 voters

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

My last defense ended E so I turn to you this time whether this is fine:

Maxed 5* purples I possess are Ursena, Kage, Seshat, Victor (all fully or almost fully emblemed), partially emblemed are MT, Panther and Sartana, unemblemed is Killhare and Clarissa. Also Guardian Kong would be maybe better than Elizabeth.

2 Likes

We do the best with what we have

Kunchen is clearly my best tank here, panther covers the dispel slot and makes sartana a bit scarier, though I wish I had a better option there. Mitsuko provides my only team buff and a barrier to blue is not bad in any buff booster. And why not MoNo? Cheers!

3 Likes

I am a new player so no leveled 5*. My last defense grade was E so I need help! My goal for the tournament is just to place in the top 25% again.

Does this defense team look good?

Jarvur is fast, hard to kill, and stacks +10% attack. (The Slayer challenge event was right after I started playing. Then I pulled Jarvur in the Valhalla summon. So Jarvur and Maeve were my first leveled 3s. Then I went straight to leveling up 4s. I have Sonia 70-)

Are we certain that stacks count as buffs here? Does that mean only the first +10% for Jarvur counts, or does each one count? If the latter, a stack of 10 would invoke 10x the buff booster effect for Jarvur. That’s insane…

I also thought about putting Sonia in the center spot. (My first post so no pic)

She’s my strongest hero and relevantly dispels opposing buffs. If a buff is dispelled, does the buff booster go away too? If only the first stack counts for buff booster she seems like a better pick than Jarvur.

I included Costume Belith bc her skill is a buff rather than healing. She also protects allies from buff dispels for 3 turns. Does that count as 2 buffs? If so I will level her up so she might survive!

Next: I’m not sure Brienne is a good choice for defense. I included her for the obvious reason: she casts a buff on all allies. But in practice her skill takes a long time to be ready. My instinct is to use Melendor instead. Again, does dispelling enemy buffs also dispel the buff booster effect on attack? That might be worth losing 1x buff booster.

Finaal question:
I also have Maeve leveled with some emblems. Her stacking effect includes +5% mana generation per skill use. So, she’s slow the first time, but gets faster pretty quickly. She also stacks +5% hp, theoretically giving her either 2x buff booster or up to 20x. Which one, if any? (I have seen the stack get up to 10x, even though it seems unlikely in the abstract. I’m not a very systematic player so I have no explanation, but I’ve seen “10” there. Also, I really wish I could post a pic bc I’m not sure I understand her details correctly.)

I hope someone sees this, reads it even though it’s way too long and decides it’s an interesting set of problems! Any replies much appreciated. (On-topic replies, naturally.)

1 Like