12 War (of three kingdoms) flags? Thanks!

I know it isn’t nescessarily an opinion held by alllll players, but for a long time late-game players have been asking SGG for a new thing to challenge their roster depth…

We got quite hopeful when Tavern of Legends came around but being able to do the first 6 levels with just 3* heroes doesn’t really provide much of a challenge…
Then there was the two tower events, where curses could really throw you off… but they were super time consuming and didn’t really result in too many heroes being lost if you either played fast and hard (competing) or were cautious about your matching.

So now we come to the War of Three Kingdoms which in this beta is giving 12 war flags with roster mastery, meaning players are needing 60 heroes to fully use all flags:

Now again, I know that this isn’t the case for all players, but…

I just wanted to say THANKS to SGG for (eventually) giving us a challenge to use a bit more of our roster depth!

For perspective this is my current roster dispsosition:

Heroes Count
5* with ≥15 blems 43
5* with ≥7 blems 12
Other maxed 5* 25
Total Maxed 5* 80
4* with Blems/LB 9
Maxed 4* 49
Maxed 3* 71

And just for reference, there are plenty of players with a deeper roster than me :slight_smile: person in my ally has almost 110 maxed 5* heroes now :open_mouth:

Related Links:

29 Likes

I like it too, I will have to use unemblemed 4* (and maybe even some 3*) but I like idea of more than regular 6 attacks.

5 Likes

Like the challenge of 12 flags = 60 heroes for play.

Just got my 52nd 5* done :white_check_mark:
&
Combined with 63 - 4*s :white_check_mark: will be fun !

• Recently completed 2 Rigards :rofl:
2 Likes

I felt the event was lacking initially, it should be more flags given the “bigger war” type of feel. I don’t have the power of you guys posting here, but hey can clean with some of the other heroes:

5* 18+ Emblems: 24
Other maxed 5* mostly 0 emblems: 10
4* LB & 18+ Emblems: 11
4* 18+ Emblems: 18

So I have 63 strong heroes, but to make the most of this war type I actually do need to add some depth where nothing else in the game really demanded it.

1 Like

So this mean that ptp players and players with big roster can participate in this event. It is not for everyone, is this event excluding half or more of the player base then? How many people have 60 leveled 5* or enough 4* to mix and match half decent teams

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a good thing for the Vets and a lot of people are complaining because they don’t have the firepower to get 12 one shots. I mean I’m not exactly doing bad in this and I can’t realistically get 12 one shots

5*>15 blems = 33
5*>7 blems = 5
Total ascended 5* is 50

40 odd 4* ascended with 10+ at 20 blems

60??? 3* with all manner of LBs and emblems across the board

In a war I don’t do 6 1 shots. Currently I’m tasked to do a mop so in this people will need to clean and if the points are like last time playing smart and picking off the cleans will score a lot more than idiotically trying to 1 shot teams out of your reach.

But it’s almost like people don’t believe a 3* team can clean up 2 5*’s left over. They easily can…

So even someone with 60 3* could probably score well in this thing.

I’m excited to see how this goes now…it’s different to a normal war and that was my biggest gripe last time.

5 Likes

I totally disagree, we cannot talk in absolute here, everything depends on what are you facing. I am sure that a team of 3* cannot “easily beat” two fully emblemed 5*s and worst if they are limit broken with hight troops. It is possible if the boards help yes but no “easily”

I used to beat fully emblemed 5* teams with 3* teams just to show it could be done.

So yes, they could beat a team with 2 left just by ghosting and hitting with absolute ease.

Heck if you want I’ll do it 3 times in this next 3 kingdoms

4 Likes

Yeah I agree, I welcome a chance to go beyond my usual 30 for wars.

2 Likes

This will be interesting.
I am looking forward to it.

I have about 25-26 maxed 5 stars and 60+ maxed 4 stars.

You also don’t need to use a full team of 5x heroes to do cleans :slight_smile:

I’ll often in wars use only 2 or 3 heroes to clean a mess I made where there’s only 1-2 heroes left alive.

9 Likes

this game starts to take all my time.

please reduce back to 6 flags

or if SG wants to keep 12 flags, at least there is autoplay button

3 Likes

This has the potential to be the most enjoyable game mode ever introduced in this game. A true test of roster depth and strategising with combinations of heroes that most of us would never use. Yay!

If the matchmaking is as good this time around as it was last time then this should be a non-issue. Very few players will have all 5s available for all teams. Higher end players will be able to mix and match 5 and 4s (which I do for regular wars anyway). Mid level players will mix and match 5, 4* and 3* heroes. I will be getting tree and probably Shrub ready for this event too.
Lower level players who qualify for entering the event may not be able to field 60 heroes in total - which is actually fine because the others on their side and on the opposing side will be in the same boat as them. So it is about making strategic decisions about fileding a smaller number of more powerful teams or tyring to spread yourself a bit thin for maximum coverage. And as @Cheds mentioned there will also be a lot of strategic thinking about whether to go for O/S or cleans, which will actually be a factor at all player levels.

I am very excited for this but if the matchmaking struggles then this game mode will struggle too.

8 Likes

Now that’s kinda foolish. At least fill out the gaps with some 3*s.

1 Like

That pretty much seals that there’s little point for me in trying to compete, even if and when the rewards become something other than “placeholder,” so, just got easier to give this a pass.

I’m already at the point of wondering if there’s any point in the grindiness of tower events, but 60 heroes? That’s… nice for people other than me, I suppose, but I just feel like there’s less and less reason for me to engage with newer content like Towers, Alliance Quest, and now this :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

so SG has fixed the grand prize for older or p2w. so i can only fielded 12 mono teams for gambling tiles2win.

Let me start by saying that I have 64 5* heroes with more than 15 nodes with emblems, and a few more not far behind.

But I have absolutely no interest in 12 flags for this underwhelming “event”, which basically consists of 12 uncoordinated raids on mostly uncoordinated defenses (although tanks will typically be purple or red, at least at high levels). 6 flags were more than enough. In the meantime, there is little improvement in sight to improve game play and possibilities for coordination (like bunching up existing alliances) and penalties for not using flags.

And if anybody thinks that SG were being generous by listening to veteran players, think again. The long-term view is just to force all players to level more and more heroes in each color to be able to handle 12 flags on tank of the same color (that mostly means leveling up more and more yellow and blue heroes), give them emblems and limit-breaking them, just so they can keep up. This way, SG keeps on racking in the profits.

So, no thanks!

4 Likes

I like that we will be able to use 60 heroes in 12 flags. Now I’m stronger than I was a year ago and in our alliance wars I don’t do clean-ups anymore, because I can fight teams with 4500 power. Thanks to having 12 flags I can use 6 of them for attacking strong teams and 6 probably for clean-ups that I actually love to do ^^. That’s a nice variety of different roles for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Only have 39 maxed, with a couple more at 3/70, but I use some four stars anyway, even on routine raids (no healers in red and green, for instance). Should be an interesting challenge. And if cleanups score as well as in the first beta, I won’t feel bad about taking some of those out.

1 Like

I honestly think this is a great idea.

First it makes the event more “unique”. Instead of the “I’m just a smaller part in a larger war” vibe it had last time. Also I imagine a lot of people didn’t care enough to check all 100 teams.
Now it allows people to test their depth. Even if you aren’t keen on the event you might give it a go just to see how your bottom teams perform and test new ideas.

Then for the marketing, once all whales are properly matched it will give some people the idea that they do need a larger amount of heroes to deal with certain colored tanks, boosting the profits and card collection idea.

For myself it means considering limit breaking more 4* heroes and dusting out one or two 5*s I set aside some time ago. I usually vary my war teams a fair bit so I think I got about 10 war tested teams.
I might get some interesting surprises in my roster and I definitely expect a lot of people to feel the same way.