12 tabbards, Obakan, time to jump in?

Do you have EHTs saved for the Christmas event? Not only is there a chance of pulling Sartana next month but maybe the question is also Obakan vs Grimble? 6 weeks isn’t a long wait.

Grimble… grumble Dislike, even though he might be a shade better than Obakan.

I will say, though, Mother North, Buddy, Rudolph and even Santa are really solid. Of the 3 seasonal events, xmas is best. Also— might I add the two 4* ascension materials in the Advanced mode is super awesome. So if you have the patience to hold tokens… hold till then.

I’d say (at the very least) tokens in December are better than tokens used for Halloween.

1 Like

NOPE. Clearly you are missing the point. I have LIMITED (Li - mi - ted) resources for pulls and mats. Most likely I will only get TC20 heroes. I have said this a few times now. But even if I get another great hero which is very unlikely given that I went F2P months ago and only get event pulls from coins (about 3 per event so far) and atlantis pulls are rare since I beat both difficulties and the only coins are from teh seahorse. In over 16 months my ONLY S2 5* hero is Mitsuko on a crazy lucky single pull and my only event hero is Peter’s (well I guess Buchan counts too and I would have liked Vodnik but Peters came up instead!) So since I have Domitia in heavy use and love her and I already have all the 4* purples then the only other likely choices are Sartana and Quintus. I would take Obakan over Quintus any day. I have plenty of slow heroes already like Isarnia who is going up now and is 2.50, plus Khagan 3.70 and I have rings for 1 red, Elena 2.32, Vivica 3.70 and I have darts after the next Shiloh, Horghall at 1.1 and I do have tonics for another green despite just giving 6 to Kadilen.

I am sure if I asked you that you would say giving tonics to Kadilen was dumb too. I already have Lianna at +7 and all the S1 green plus Gadeirus and Peters. I still have more tonics and was going to pull for Kingston but decided to try for Neith which caused a bunch of dscussion. I am going to give my scopes to Isarnia since I have Magni at +8 and my only other choice is Richard. I am going to decide on Khagan or Elena despite not having Marjana I am going to give 1 of them rings. I have Mitsuko and all the 4* S1 reds too. I would love Marjana but I have waited a long time and Mitsuko works fine and Marjana is the weakest of the 5 original snipers.

I also went with Domitia over Obakan but when I asked about that choice months ago there was actually about an even split. People like that he is fast and counters. Others said to wait for Sartana. Others said to use Domitia. I choce to use her and do not regret it one bit. She is a decent sniper despite being average. I can get her to 9 tiles when I get my troops up a bit more and push up her emblems. I can even get her to 8 if Iuse her with Khagan or Bauchan (so you see Khagan does have use!). She also give a nice +94% defense against yellow plus she debuffs 3 of the enemy which is very useful now that I can use Rigard instead of Melendor. PLus with the emblems I took from Scarlett she has better stats and the evade skill. That is a great skill since if a sniper misses it becomes a wasted shot. I actually considered using Obakan since he was fast but his attack wasn’t that hard and I don’t like the counter attack. PLus he didn’t get a buff in v.20. He should have been like Khagan and got moved from enemy and minor to nearby to hits all 3 like Khagan now does. Plus they should have moved his counter up like they did for Elena and Cyprian/Boril.

So no, he isn’t my first or even second S1 5* purple choice. But since I don’t have my 1st choice yet in Sartana and the 2nd choice is already done I could level Obakan and use him where he fits in, or I could let him sit hoping to get Sartana. But even if I get Sartana I could still level her as I said so if he turns out to be horrible I will still have Sartana and he will just sit like he does now.

But I might not get Sartana. I would have sat Domitia for months if I waited for her causing me to lose some battles. I got Mitsuko in red so that was easy but I would have sat waiting for Marjana if I didn’t get her and chose to let elena and Khagan sit.

As I said, it is resource management. I like many others don’t pay. I used to but stopped. I currently do have the halloween VIP as my first purchase in months. I will have some gems to use in AR to try for some heroes but its unlikely. And honestly I could really use a nice yellow like Poseidon or Mushashi or even Leo from TC20(yes I like leo and Mushashi and have seen Mush and Leo both get some love in the Neith thread which is funny since they usually get trashed but against Neith I guess they become better, IDK). I would rather have Tarlak from AR or Wilbur(a 4* I know) but on the off chance that Kage appears I will be thrilled. If Ursena comes out that’s fine too despite the fact that her skill seems to not work against Guin like people think it should. And I would still have tabbards after I max Obakan. Yes I might get Sartana from TC20 and Kage from AR but seriously what are the odds of that? Then it owuld pay to have skipped Obakan and saved the tabbards for them. But that is like shopping for Ferrari’s because I have a few lottery tickets. The odds are tiny so I might as well keep working my job and if I hit the lottery that is a problem I will gladly take. If I get Kage and Ursena trust me I will not complain about no tabbards. One will get them and I will maybe buy the rest. But since that is NOT likely at all I will go with Oba and be happy.

You will never see me post in that thread. Even if I did it would be for leveling Vlad in my alt account when I got him last year. Biggest waste of space there is. Does no damage and despite being very fast he is useless. I wish I had a bench like yours and I have seen your posts mogulemon but remember that I asked within the constraints of limited resources for pulls and new heroes. I don’t get why you seem to take joy in trying to convince me that he is garbage. Instead maybe come up with a fix, post it to the ideas page and hope they fix him. Likely you have a copy or had one and many others do too. I am sure instead of waiting and finally getting that rare 5* and finding out he is what most call garbage that many would rather get a 5* that is great. I know, I got Aegir in my alt last year when he came out and was thrilled about it. Then I read the new reviews and used him. But then v20 came out and Aegir became useful again. Maybe Obakan will maybe not. Maybe he will have a nice costume. Either way I will have a 4.80 version and happily use him alongside Domitia until I hit the RNG lottery for Sartana or Kage or Ursena.

3 Likes

Thank you. This is something I hadn’t thought of. I do have EHT saved and was going to use in H’ween but I passed on Kingston and decided on Neith but now I think I might pass on them all since I might miss Neith and only get Victor which would be OK but much rather have MN. I pretty much ruled out Grimble though I guess he could be useful. I am likely to pull in the Winter event though but I am leaning towards Vela in January. She will be available to pull with EHT in the Christmas event since it runs to Jan. I might have to take another look at Grimble too.

But even if I were to go with Obakan I still have to take him up so I can always back out at 3.70 if nothing else comes up. Sartana is likely to pop form TC20 one day. I have been running 3 for a few months and this nest collection will be about 36 from 3 TC20 (12 x 3) so I hope to get her there. This will put me over 300 pulls and I have been very lucky so far. I only really want sartana, Marjana, Leo and I would likely use Elkanen. Don’t really need Azlar, Thorne, or Quintus(though I love his artwork and costume).

I have been getting better at the waiting thing. I used to get a token and use it but now I am saving them and have gotten a few and should likely get a few more before then. I can also try for some heroes in the AR since I do have VIP now for a month and I should have gems to do a few pulls plus the coins which I always use.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

@PeachyKeen thanks for the vivica advice too. I am really thinking of going with Vivica since I see so many want her and don’t have her I feel like I should feel lucky. Like Lianna, I have her too and many want her as well. She would be useful and if I got her costume she would be a beast basically giving me a free Kunchen in yellow.

Also, there are 4 seasonal events, you said there were 3. Spring (Easter), Summer (Sand), Fall (Halloween) and Winter (Christmas). I used to forget the Summer Sand Empire event all the time. I do beat the advance modes now in the events so I get the 4* items which is a huge help. PLus the diamond chest can surprise as well as other chests. I have even gotten tabbards and damascus blades from mystic visions.

1 Like

What I meant was “3 other” than Halloween, but my fingers never got around to that clarification. :slight_smile:

Sand Empire is OK. I really liked Arman in my rush tourney (maxed 3), have 2 gafar which are great. Jabbar is OK, and yunan is a beast.

But roundly prefer Xmas heroes (of which I have 2 buddy and 1 rudolph. I ate 4+ rudolph last year and regret this.) I don’t know if I’m pulling during xmas as the new challenge events are shiny (Puss N Boots…)

EDIT: I ascended Leonidas out of boredom, then pulled Vivica from TC20 days later. Was very happy and got her to 4/80 before Leo. She’s helped my war game immensely.

1 Like

Obakan was my second maxed 5* dark hero after Sartana. Mostly because he was only my second 5* dark hero and I was in a stretch where I wasn’t getting any. But I had a surplus of tabards so I maxed him. Haven’t regretted it one bit. He’s a sneaky MVP on the wing at times for me. Plus I gave him a bunch of emblems since my barbarian roster was super-thin.

Since maxing him, I’ve maxed Kunchen and Seshat, so using the tabards on him didn’t hurt me at all. And I’m back to having enough tabards to max another 5*. His offensive special isn’t much damage-wise, but the counterattack helps. And very good tile damage from him in a dark stack. All with fast mana. As others have said, he’s not a game-changer. But he is a solid hero that I haven’t regretted maxing one bit.

2 Likes

12 tabards in your inventory literally doesn’t help you at all. You can always use a fast mana 5* hero in war. I always look forward to when I am going to summon, hold some 5* mats for that time, and use the rest to help me keep diversifying my roster.

C2P here.

2 Likes

I’m waiting to see if the Christmas quest will jump over to January myself because of Grimble :stuck_out_tongue: Vela looks a lot better and I’m seriously lacking in blue heroes.

I suppose Grimble is at least more usable than Gobbler. He’ll be valuable for those situations where you have to fight a Lady of the Lake or Seshat during field aid… niche at best, but valuable when you need him.

1 Like

Last year it lasted until Jan 4th, I can’t see them stopping that this year. Obviously I’m prone to bouts of wrongness… but, it seems logical. This lets them stretch their income.

2 Likes

@DaveCozy @PeachyKeen I think it might have gone until the 6th. I was here last year and I know it did go into January. I know people got santa and Onatel from same pull. I think some confusion might be coming from the post that has the calendar of sales like the current 2 week halloween one. In Winter it goes from Dec 1 to Dec 31 so I guess some thought that was teh event length. But that is only the offers for the event. The event ran for 36 days. I am fairly sure it ran until the 6th. I would have to check but that might have been to carry it through to the Sunday after the 1st? Don’t take that as correct though as I didn’t check.

I can’t see them changing it to shorter but then again I didn’t see AR getting cut and then moved to leave out Sunday at that so who knows what the minds at SG will do. I am just hoping we still get free tokens like last year. I think it was 1 of each.

Vela looks decent right now. Grimble has crazy artwork too but I don’t know about how much I would use him. Vela would get use despite my strong blue stack. I would really just be happy to have a HOTM at this point in my main account. Or just let me move Aegir over from my alt and I will shut up and be happy :rofl:

1 Like

I was wrong. It wasn’t 01/04, it was 01/05.
The post I was thinking of was on 01/04, with 1 day left.

1 Like

I was at the same situation few months ago - decided to go back to F2P with maxed Domitia and sitting on 12 tabards with only Obakan, well tbh I had two of them because of TC20 generosity :sweat_smile:

So I went for him and guess what, I got Kage from lone Atlantis pull with coins right after. But that’s ok, I have three 5* now and because I don’t do much pulls I got nothing so far so I already have 5 tabards. I probably had to go for that sacrifice, but it was definitely worth it!

He’s at my fast aoe farming team, he’s on my titan team against holy ones (when the titan is below half HP) and he sits in my counterattack team for wars. He is good for dark stacks in raids as he often clean ups targets hit by Kage. It might not be much, but it’s better than nothing (or him at 3/70).

1 Like

If I could have that same situation I would be thrilled. Level Obakan and get Kage. Like I said, I still have mats for him and even if I didn’t I would grind like mad to get them or pay for some…LOL. I actually already have nearly $2 from Google info surveys. Only done 4 so far and they take like 20-30 seconds. Don’t pay much obviously but if I get a few gems from a few minutes time I am all for it.

OK Kage, time to join my squad !!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I started feeding him so I guess now all I need is to wait for AR and I can get Kage right? Anyhow, I appreciate the help from everyone. I hope maybe I helped someone else as I can’t be the only one with Obakan - Kanobi (Obiwan star wars ref). Thank you all and I will see you in the raid arena with my maxed Obakan along Domitia and Kage(hopefully!!!)

5 Likes

Yeah dude. See what u can get from Atlantis 1st before maxing out Obakan. Im not going to say he’s trash because i have him at level 1. 12 tabards? Geezus.

Amd someone said they 18 Tonics? Teach me how to dougie

Nevermind u already maxed him. A 5* is a 5*

No I haven’t done it already. I just started leveling him. I do plan to give him the tabbards though. I will still have enough to give to someone else if I get lucky in Atlantis. So if I do get Kage or Ursena I can level them. I know there is no way I will get both. And after the latest nerf to Ursena I would rather have Kage.

I don’t have 18 tonics but I do have enough mats to level a few more:
The * is who I am leaning towards leveling or started already. After the === are current 5s
RED - Khagan
or Elena === Mitsuko+7
BLUE - Isarnia* or Richard or Magni #2 ===== Magni +9
YELLOW - Vivica* or Justice === Joon +8
GREEN - Horghall or wait* === Lianna+7 and Kadilen 4.6x going to 4.80
PURPLE - Obakan* === Domitia+7

I was going to go for Kingston with EHT but decided to wait to try for Neith though I am now thinking of waiting for Grimble or Vela. I do have Horghall but I am going to wait for someone else. I will take Elkanen or Lianna #2 or maybe Tarlak if I am super lucky. I kind of regret not going for Kingston but my green set is OK. Yellow is where I need some attack other than Joon. In green I have LIanna and Kadilen plus all the 4* with Gadeirus, Peters and Muggy(he hits as hard as Peters and has a nice skill…LOL). Yellow is where things are really bad. Red, blue and purple all have healers and the defense down from the ramming pulvs plus a few others that lower def. Green has a recent healer that has nice attack plus more 4* than any color S1. Lianna is also great and her costume makes her even better with the secondary skill.

Yellow is the worst by far. I won’t go on about it since I have another thread that already argued this as a tangent in the “which HOTM to pull for” thread.

Any thoughts on who to go with in those other colors or should I just go with the ones I marked based on having all S1 4* and all the good S2 4* except Wilbur.

Put your arms out front, Lean side to side…
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reminder that nobody likes a troll, see #forum-rules please

1 Like

I’m just kidding, don’t take it too seriously :blush:

Hi obsidian, how do you feel about maxing obakan? Have you regret it now? Just give us some update what pros and cons after u maxed him :blush: