⚔ [11th Oct, 2020] - 77th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Ice/ Blue

Couple of options on my set up not sure though. Wish my BK was leveled… not sure what other options are good.

Good thinking… I think I will take that more aggresive approach. Thanks for the comment! :slight_smile:

Really need some help on this one. First draft mono…but bad choice I guess

@sleepyhead @BubblesUK

Other suitable heroes:

5*
Malosi+13, Victor+11, Domitia+7, Kingston+18

4*
Mist+18, MelC+18(wrong color), Caedmon+12

3 Likes

I had the same idea with Ares and Tyr… how do add a picture like that of other hero’s?

2nd draft

3 Likes

Going to try buffed minions.

6 Likes
  1. Use heroplan.io to save and export your roster
  2. Take screenshots
  3. Stich them together using app ScreenMaster

Easy.

2 Likes

Ok my only comment is, since your defensive strategy leans heavily on Elena going off, my personal opinion is it’s probably still better to put the crit troop on her to beef her up ever so slightly so she could still go off even with 30 HP left. Mana calculation on defense is complicated and I’m not entirely sure what happens if you don’t hit the breakpoints like you do on offense. But this is just my personal opinion so you do what makes sense to you.

Also I should’ve made it clear but I meant it might be better to swap cMel and Clarissa’s positions because yellow has no dispellers and the only cleanser is Viv who is slow, and Woolerton only heals but doesn’t cleanse and is relatively rare. This way it’s harder for the attacker to break through your center trio.

1 Like

Team Prep: I sort of lost interest in the last tournament after the TV nerf. I’m over it now and formulating a strategy to deal with it. I’m thinking of going with the follow team for the tournament:

I realize that Green is not good due to the abundance of Red, but I like the dispell and I’m hoping PiB will provide healing and minion coverage for Zeline. I could also use KIllhare+7, but I worry about the defense down she carries. I have Zimkitha with dispell for allies, but timing is key.

I could go with an all Red team (Zimkitha-PiB-GM-Azlar-Marjana) or a Purple/Red team (Zimkitha-Azlar-Kunchen-GM-Killhare), but I’ll be matched up against some tough teams and my Purple team is not quite at that level at the moment. The last 5* no Yellow proved that. Thoughts on this lineup?

4 Likes

Thank you for your help and thank you for your feedback last tourney…

Ok I swapped the troops and clarissa and c-Mel - I was debating positions for those two actually and was concerned C-Mel would be too slow for the wing but I’ll try it out. Yellow does have 2 good counters with Mist and Malosi to prevent buffs in the first place though. Let’s see how it goes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure…anytime again. Did it help? Can’t remember :joy:

1 Like

Yea mono tends to be a bad plan…

You’re wise open to three colours of 100% neutral tiles - red, purple and yellow… Better to discourage it.

Purple holds plenty of dispel and mana control… It’s probably more valuable to discourage purple than yellow.

1 Like

Decisions decisions. Zim or BK or both. JF +18 will be going in there, but I have a GM +18 too so maybe I’ll just let them overwrite each other. I’ll have to meditate on who my tank is going to be. BK has no bling it’s still on grave but hmm.

I’d be tempted to swap Killhare in for Joon.

Purple holds lots of dispel and mana control - at the moment you’re wide open to it.

Up to you, but worth considering.

@BubblesUK
Sure. Keep Malosi in or not?

Domitia or Victor?
Tyr or Kingston?

Malosi’s block is dispellable and there’s no saying who it will hit when on defence… Maybe Vic or even Kingston instead?

I’d leave Tyr in… In a 1-v-1 his self buffs will be useful to him. But that’s just me.

Yes it did actually was a big help… me and you have a couple of the same hero’s this time wondering what the feedback will be.

1 Like

I’d go with #1. I wouldn’t bring green unless there’s a very good reason, I especially wouldn’t drop your TP by 100 by bringing a fairly squishy green.

In general I think AoE holds the key on buff booster because the boost actually helps rather than becoming overkill (as it can with snipers)… Having said that, you can only work with what you’ve got.

1 Like

Which set up for defense? I’m thinking JF, Drake, BT, Rigard, Azlar.