Troop Rarities Allowed
:snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Fire/ Red
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [22nd Nov, 2020] - 83rd Raid Tournament - 4* Bloody Battle, No Fire/ Red

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

3 Likes

Randy is 20 awesomes

Analysis:

• 7/10 teams had Buddy tanks (no surprise)
  • 10/10 teams had Caedmon in one form or another (one had 4x Caed lmao :rofl:)
  • 4/10 teams had (c)Li Xiu or Skittleskull
  • 3/10 teams had Mist or cTibs or Proteus
  • 3/10 teams had a green mana controller (Hansel in 2, Peters in 1)
14 Likes

95% certain these will be the heroes used in my defense. Not fan of mono defense at all but in the case of option 1 I actually think the synergy is quite good and does make sense. (don’t worry Jack will be at +18 if I do run this)

Option 2 is actually very similar to what I ran last time, except Hansel tank is now replaced with much better Buddy tank. Mist and cTibs are also pretty good yurple flanks, so this will be an option if I really don’t wan to run a mono defense.

Also could mix or match between these two, like replace Almur with Mist or cTibs to make Jack hit extra hard. Thoughts anybody?

4 Likes

Actually, this could be a tourney where I can also try mono defence - in green I do have everything covered.

PS. I gave up on Buddy and took away his emblems when I maxed Marcel. Higher tile dmg is important on titans. Poor Buddy. :slight_smile:

Other ideas also include Mist and c.Tiburtus, with a lot of defence ailments in place.

All in all, we do have similar thoughts here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I most likely will reset Buddy after this tourney since I literally just maxed Gefjon an hour ago after I finally realized RNG was not gonna give me BK this Avalon event. And agreed I stopped using Buddy pretty much everywhere once I maxed Marcel. Still think Buddy is probably the best tank for this tourney though, only “healer” allowed, he makes your team even harder to kill (attack debuff+minions) and makes he attacker easier to kill (defense debuff). Not to mention he has ridiculously tanky stats for a 4*, and outside of a really good board he will fire at least once.

Since revive doesn’t work, I’d prefer Caed in his base form for that 15% chance of a thorn minion. Also second team I might consider moving cTibs to left flank and put Jack on right flank. With double debuffs on he will probably kill 2 or 3 heroes just by himself. Does mean you have to drop Marcel and use Caed or Hansel on he other wing though but both of them have more emblems anyway. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Sadly, Wilbur isn’t allowed. He is best 4* tank in bloody battle. So, I have go with this defense.

I think C Tiburtus is still better tank than C/CB Skittleskull and C/CB Caedmon even red isn’t allowed. I also have Mist at +18 but I think C Tiburtus + C Wu Knog have better synergy.

@rho For me, I prefer C Caedmon because of cleanse. Cleanse have much larger role than dispell in bloody battle.

@Slobix They shouldn’t allow Marcel. He is 5* who pretend to be 4* :rofl: with 300% to target and nearby. That is the second highest x3 hit (after Khagan) in this game.

4 Likes

I have buddy with no talents unfortunately. Caedmon will have +15 soon.

4 Likes

Easy choice for me, those have emblems, brynhild is useless this time, buddy has some great stats as a tank.
I also hope it will work better on offense to this week, 4* tourneys are normally my strongest :grimacing:

3 Likes

Plus, Buddy will be popular this week - Marcel will turn his attack debufs to attack buff! :slight_smile:

I know I will be using him against Buddy tanks for sure. :wink:

4 Likes

My first draft:

In bloody battle I think mana controll is the key!

I was thinking about going Yurplegreen… Li tank, c.Tiburtus and Proteus flanks, Caedmon and Jack o’Bunny wings…

What do you think?

4 Likes

I like one part of the idea - c.Tiburtus to the left flank. However, Marcel is not going anywhere, I kind of like the idea of massive defence debufs in the front. Gonna add few more emblems on Marcel and Bunny (have them, but no iron because battle items for event :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:). If they manage to fire, should be devastating.

So, will go with this - not mono green but close to that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Trying this

1 Like

Almost the same:

Marcel will be maxed and have some emblems before the start.

I actually also have jack, but not emblembed, and saving those for Devana. Not really wanting to emblem him, even if he does shine in this format

@Yamamdowna way too many blues… do you have green/purple or yellow heroes to replace? Jott is useless here, sonya is okish, but better replaced by caedmon. Also, putting in more green makes almur actually a threat, now he’s the only green and thus not really frightening.

5 Likes

I chose to emblem Jack because he is the part of my green event team, work in progress. With Marcel in the picture, greens can be pretty good in epic competition, almost as good as reds.

1 Like

Well, just checked. I have 400 ranger emblems unused. Want to use them to get Devana some levels (so 400 or so), and also Sudri for tournament and poppy when I finally pull her (haven’t done much S4 pulls yet). So that’s another 400. Jack would also need 400 to level to a reasonable level, so I’m 800 short… could strip lianna (+7), triton (+18) or tibertus (+20), but I use those enough to leave them on. Also need to emblem Marcel, so don’t think I’ll have enough iron and food to do both…

So maybe next time?

1 Like

Are you sure Mist is better than LiXiu or even HuTao? If a wing fires I want the game to be over! No time for clowning around… :crazy_face:

What do you think about mine?

No buddy, so just piling on the damage with this

With no red and no heal I think this will be hard to keep up with.

3 Likes

Well, I prefer the wings to be fast.

Li is also very good, but mist is fast(er) and adds another debuff to increase damage. Yours also looks good, I would have used buddy and hansel, but don’t have them.

1 Like

Yay!

If tank and flanks fire: lights out!

Very squishy but I like this!

All in! :rofl:

Well two average speed flanks might be a tad slow, but yes completely devastating if they fire. That was my thinking behind average speed tank + 4 fast hitters to ensure only the very best of boards can beat the defense.

But damn now you’re making me question my own defense!

Option 3?!

Almur vs Buddy vs Marcel stats comparison

Buddy is obviously still the most tanky out of the bunch, and he helps the team survive by giving minions. However Marcel isn’t too far behind and hits much harder but doesn’t give minions or attack debuff. Almur I emblbmed for full defense since I used him on titans before I got Fogg and 12* titans do not screw around.

I feel like I’m going to overthink this again, and whenever it happens my defense never does well. I typically do best when I just go with my first or second instinct, so I think I’ll probably just stick to Buddy tank, and maybe think about replacing Almur with Marcel. (but elemental defense down makes much more sense for a mono defense, because even slash attacks start doing 200 damage)… :thinking: :exploding_head:

@u2371 Well Caed on wing means whether he fires at the right time for cleanse is pretty random. I chose his dispel form simply because he’s druid so at least chance for a minion, whereas fighter’s talent is completely wasted this week.

4 Likes