+1000 Kill shots - is it a record?

This was a long time coming. I gave a titan my 1,000th kill shot. Is it a record?

9 Likes

I only have 94 but I don’t merc or kill baby titans. 1000 is impressive though!

2 Likes

Yes, many of these were merc kill shots, but I also do my best to take the last shot on our daily titans. It’s been an effort for sure.

As for mercing, if a player doesn’t merc, they are missing out on some serious resources and losing out on maximizing Titan flags.

Curious on this…I never miss using a Titan flag for my alliance. Are you meaning I could kill more titans by slacking on my own alliances titans? Because that would be lame.

1 Like

No, I believe he is talking about when your alliance lets a titan go you should maximize the flags you’d have free to use by Mercing other titans. The only issue with this is the new rules in place for the occasion a rare might pop up. You have to keep an eye out for that. There is solid ham and iron to be gained from mercing, but in my experience it’s not really worth the hassle unless you want to finish PoV titan kills early. Overall, when your alliance lets a titan go the biggest responsibility you have to the team is to make sure you have 3 flags ready when the next one appears.

5 Likes

I agree it is not really worth the hassle, unless (1) you do all events, farm for crafting materials all the time or (2) you are still building up your base, and then you might need the extra ham and iron. Otherwise, at my current level with all my buildings done (at least the ones I cared to build up), I usually have too much ham and iron (or to put it differently, not enough crafting materials, recruits and low-level troops to be able to use up my ham and iron).

2 Likes

Yeah our alliance doesn’t merc and that counter saying I’ve been in my alliance almost 18 months is meaningful to me.

We hit away to 12 hours and don’t often need to let a Titan pass but if we do those flags get saved and used for the next titan. I’m glad they’re discouraging mercing

1 Like

Really helpful when building up your base from SH 21 to 25 without wasting valuable building time. With those baby titan mercs you can easily accumulate 5 000 000+ iron for those 10 sec expensive transform + expensive upgrade ASAP instances.

1 Like

I never suggested, nor would I, slacking in one’s alliance. The fact is we get 6 titan flags every 24 hours. If they are not being used to help kill our alliances titan or kill someone else’s it is a wasted flag … and a missed opportunity for more loot.

We kill 14s every day and quickly. If we kill one with 14 hours until our next titan, that gives me 2 hours to merc any left over flags from our titan OR to use titan flasks. It is a massive way to get more food and iron.

For those in alliances that let a titan go, everyone on that team is missing out on potentially 6 flags!!!

Explained in more detail here:
Why Merc? Important info for F2P/C2P and P2P!!! Empires and Puzzles Books - YouTube

2 Likes

This rule has been adjusted and doesn’t affect anything for mercs. As a merc we already get reduced loot when mercing so it never affect the rares in our own alliance. This is only an issue if we get FULL RARE loot on a rare in one alliance and are in a position to get FULL RARE loot in another alliance within 12 days … never happens unless we actually change alliances for good.

1 Like

No disrespect for those that value the days in an alliance. My alliance values maximizing our available flags to keep building up our teams.

We can’t save flags. Once we have 3 the game stop producing them until some are used so if an alliance lets a titan go, they are not going to be using all flags possible most times. I would think it would be near impossible for every member of a 30-member alliance to use every single flag, every single day only on the titans in their alliance.

Regardless, it is not efficient use of flags as it is possible to bring in more resources from killing more titans.

… and that doesn’t even touch the large amounts of titans flasks that players accumulate from not mercing.

2 Likes

When you have a smaller alliance and you have some higher titans it is for sure all your flags are being used on our own titans in my experience and on rares we do use flasks on our own.

My flags are all getting used at home.

2 Likes

If you don’t chain 14*, you have to let some titans flee. During those you waste at least 3 flags. Doesn’t matter if you use them on the fleeing titan or not, you don’t get anything for those, only reduced loot.

I myself don’t go mercing regularly, most of the time just because I don’t have the time/will for it when we let them flee, but if someone wants to maximize their loot, they should go mercing at least when they have a regeneration titan. Some in our alliance even use flags for mercing if we kill our own to fast…

3 Likes

So this is not correct unless there was a change in V40. You have to be part of an alliance 24 hours before a rare titan spawns in order to have a chance at the rare item.

This is something that applies to a very small percentage of the community. While it works for you, and I’m glad it does, it is bad advice for a large swath of the player base and can easily turn into poor decisions that affect the team they are a part of. Just gotta be aware of that what you are able to do with your alliance does not apply to most.

This is correct. But the lack of use of some of titan flags is why it’s highly important to be situationally aware. I have some that have a difficult time getting flags in on titans when they spawn at 3am EST b/c it’s not until after work they can use their flags. So every flag that can be used matters. Overall they try to use at least 1 flag to keep the clock running but real life doesn’t always allow for it.
Overall, my rule for my alliance is only merc if we let a titan go, and make sure you have 3 flags when the next one appears. That gives leeway for those that wish to merc.

2 Likes

This is false. Version 38: “Rare Titan Rewards are reduced if you were not a member of the Alliance at the time the Titan appeared, or if it has been less than 12 days since you received a full Rare Titan reward in a different Alliance. Previously, you needed to be a member of the Alliance 24 hours before the Rare Titan appeared”

I have been mercing in all alliances to which I have been a member. The only luxury in my current alliance is that it us highly encouraged and organized. The advice to use all titan flags when possible is applicable to all players. Whether a player makes “poor decisions” doesn’t negate the appropriateness of the advice. I could recommend that people buy stocks low and sell when they are high. That is good advice. That doesn’t stop people from making bad decisions around buying stocks.

This sounds very reasonable to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, it was V37 where they instituted it.

1 Like

… and then they undid in Version 38. Look at my comment right above yours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whoa, I didn’t even fight 1000 titans yet.

1 Like

Gotcha…we kill 14s every day but we’re all using all our flags and/or needing them for the next one. I think very few will be in your particular situation…which is a nice advantage if you can pull it off.

1 Like

I missed it in V38. There was big backlash when it appeared in V37. I’m shocked they responded in V38. They hardly ever fix anything that fast. :laughing:

3 Likes