10 pull old 3 stars

Two protei!!! Lucky!

1 Like

I think there are 14 four stars in that 30 pull, which is way above the odds. 2 Proteus and a bunch of other nice fours isn’t that bad

Not sure on the odds of a 5 star in a 30 but it is far from a certainty.

And that is where we get to in the game, that fours, even good ones, are no longer very meaningful. I have addressed that by drastically scaling back my pulls (now c2p) and using the occasional hero token. It ain’t so bad. It’s pretty crappy to keep doing big, expensive pulls with the belief that you deserve something , and getting very little of use

3 Likes

Balthazar, Nashgar and Bane… are the best of that list… keep them… they can be useful in events or tournaments specifics for 3* heroes.

4* with 20 emblems are approximately equal in power to a raw 5*.

And in the time it takes you to put 20 emblems on it, the person with a 5* can only put about 7 nodes of emblems on their 5*. So you’ve actually caught up to them. You’ve gone from 4 to 5, and they’ve gone from 5 to 5.33.

(waits for someone better at magical math to show up and explain all my maths failings…)

2 Likes

Agree with all that, but I am at the point where I have at least two of most of the four stars that I would want. So that means pulling them is just not that meaningful anymore

1 Like

Embleming 4* is undoubtedly the best way to expand the effectiveness of your roster fast. The relative merits of a 4+20 vs a 5+7 is an interesting debate. But I routinely use 4+12ish against 5+6ish with very good results. Your fundamental premise looks sound to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m fundamentally at that point too. Valeria might be nice. A couple of the Sand Empire heroes. Another GJ. The funnel always exists on summoning, and a lot of long-term players don’t want most 5* they draw either.

But at least the emblems extend the effectiveness of a 4* roster while waiting for the particular 5* one is interested in. I know @zephyr1 has basically halted pulls and focused of exploiting 4* because of how effective (and cost-effective) they are.

2 Likes

So I am certainly not debating that 4 stars with emblems are bad. Far from it, I’m really enjoying Grimm at 4+13, Boldtusk at 4+18 and Caedmon at 4+16. Caedmon for example is now a very creditable fast sniper.

I’m just saying that once you have two or more of these great heroes getting another is not a compelling prospect. I’m not upset about that but it is what it is

In other news Valeria will probably be my next blue project, hope she provides something interesting when she is up

1 Like

She hits as hard as Victor now, I believe. But of course no one brings Victor for his amazing snipe. I think her best use case is as a hedge against bad boards in Field Aid cleanup shots.

2 Likes

Sometime it may be at a point where 2 Proteus had ceased to be exciting especially when you already have like 4dups at 1/1 and 2 maxed. The bundle 30 pulls was obviously targeted at some specific 5* heroes.

3 Likes

Agree with that, but objectively it isn’t a “bad” pull from a probability perspective, it just isn’t what was wanted, most likely for the reasons I outline above

3 Likes

Emblems are pulling 4* away too. A fourth Caedmon from a pull might excite you just a little. Less so when one of your Caedmon is already 4/70+16.

1 Like

Yep agreed , technically it will be a fantastic pull for a fairly new player,…a .lot of 4s vs 3s indicated lucky pulls based on the odds. However, objectively for some advanced players, it may have failed.

1 Like

What’s an objectively good or bad pull?

Every pull happens to particular player with concrete roster so it can be judged from that perspective. For example, pulling a GM in atlantis should be considered good until you already have 3 GMs. Given OP’s author collected completion tier rewards from the rare event, they don’t really desire more 3*s so it’s not a good pull for them.

One may argue that an objectively good pull is a pull containing more rarities than odds would indicate. For example, a x10 pull with 2 5* is definitely a good pull. However 10 3* definitely isn’t.

1 Like

What a great question

My definition of an objectively good pull is one that is above average in terms of the odds. A pull like that can also be subjectively good, depending on the list you already have. But objectively, I think if you “beat the odds” (by for example, getting 14 four stars in a thirty pull) then you can say it was good

Just because you beat the odds doesn’t mean it’s good for you

1 Like

Learn to appreciate what the e&p gods bestow to you. I did a ten pulls a few days ago. No QoH, no Alice, no hatter. But I got boldtusk, a second Kiril l, second colen and Cheshire cat and two Balthazars for the rare purple stack. I think it’s a decent haul. Not spectacular but decent.

Nooo it’s a waste yes. This shouldn’t be possible

1 Like

Level 66 with 150 Hero’s… Need new ones have 3 to 5 of them maxed out

1 Like

Again I only got old 3 Star Hero’s that I already have 3 of fully leveled… I have 150 Hero’s.

I agree. Objectively, this is not a bad pull at all. But, subjectively, for you, this is a bad pull because you do not need these heroes.

For me, however, I would love to have another Proteus. And I do not have many of the heroes in your pull. Boril, for example, would really be a nice addition to my roster.

Cookie Settings