⚔ [10 July 2022] - 168th Raid Tournament - 3* Bloody Battle, No Red/ Fire

Nice easy 5-0 start to the tournament. Going with speed again, attacking with a 3-1-1 Holy stack of Kvasir/cKvasir, Poppy, Bane. The other 2 slot was switching between cTyrum (against Treevil), Tyrum and Joukahainen (against Shrubbear), or Aqeela and Whacker (if I just need damage). Boards were good so not much trouble, especially against teams with multiple Slow, Very Slow heroes.

Trying out cKvasir for the first time in defense. He doesn’t block minions, but as a Paladin he feels tanker and his minions have more hp (18%) compared to the original (15%). Currently 1-0, so we’ll see at the end of the week how the experiment went.

Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

This is my defense i forgot to post before. So far it has not been attacked

6 Likes

Offense 4-1. 1 match against treevil. Starting board was bad, and second match made an off-colour diamond, after which another off-colour diamond formed and exploded; massive cascade followed without my colours… Tree fired; cleansers not ready, and basically it was over…did manage to kill treevil before the end.

Defense won 1 so far

Summary

7 Likes

My defense was not attacked yesterday so I got a C grade, unfortunately.

Day 2
offense: 4-1
Defense: 0-0 (so far)

Total
Offense: 8-2
Defense:0-0

Today I had a Treevil battle, he was left wing and he didn’t fire before I killed him.
My last match was Sally flanked by treevil both sides, again I was lucky and killed both before they fired.

In the match I lost, I only killed the tank, I basically failed because of Kvasir and Gunnar on flank. I would have won if Gunnar didn’t go off because I did get enough tiles to charge specials again and also to hit Kvasir

5 Likes

Day 2
O: 4-1 (9-1)
D: 3-0 (4-1) B/A/?/?/?

First fight and first defeat against

this team

IMG_20220712_112941

It was not a “great team” but board was terrible :frowning:
Completely lack of yellow tiles an not too much greens throughout the battle deprived me of a chance to win. Treevil just doesn’t forgive a bad boards… :confused: (screen on the other phone - it will be later).

The board

Other opponents were:

IMG_20220712_113130
IMG_20220712_113104
IMG_20220712_113038
IMG_20220712_113005

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Day 2

O : 4-1 (8-2)

Go with same tactic. And the board is pretty similar to yesterday, some good board and one very bad board that there is no chance to win :frowning_face:.

Lose against this team in last attack

The board is simply full of red/green/blue with at least 1 diamond for each. Enemy Kvasir fire 3 times. And I can only kill tank at the end.

This defense not seem to go well for me :frowning_face:.

D : 1-5

Defense doesn’t seem to work well. Also end day 1 with E :frowning_with_open_mouth:

I just found that this guy…

This guy skill is very similar to Mnesseus.

I am 100% sure this guy is 100% base on Mnesseus :rofl:

4 Likes

So far :

O - 8:2 (4-1, 4-1)
D - 4-2 (I believe it was 2-2 B before day 1 ended)

My D is :

I keep running 2 attack teams, either 4-1 with 4 yellows and CB Mnesseus or 4-1 with 4 purples and CB Mnesseus. Bloody battle 3* is one of my least favorite tournaments, so I think I’m doing pretty ok so far.

I faced 3 Dolgoon tanks in a row today, I was like, game keeps giving me Dolgoon until I loose against one and it happened… Lost the third defense with him as tank. Annoying little brat, I tell you.

6 Likes

Five more wins today, though a bit tougher teams than yesterday. Same attack strategy as yesterday Tyrum/cTyrum - Poppy - Kvasir/cKvasir - Whacker - CB Bane

Faced 2 Dolgoon tanks. The first one was easy with a big cascade to start the match. The 2nd one was flanked by Sally and Treevil with Gnomer wings. Couldn’t stop him from firing multiple times so my snipers weren’t doing much damage. Luckily the flanks were slow so by the time the Yellow tiles came to kill off the tank, I could finish off both Sally and Treevil before they fired.

In 2 of the matches faced S5 teams with Rekhetre and Faiez, and the last team even had Lemur and Aderyn for 4 healers. Must have been auto-filled :sweat:

Defense is now up to 6-0 so things are perfect so far :crossed_fingers:

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 1-0 (A) 2814 900 3714
2 10-0 6-0 (A) 6518 6518

Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

What do you use CB Bane :smile: ?

1 Like

Too lazy to level up a 2nd Poppy and he’s much sturdier than Melia/cMelia :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit : And he’s my first 3* hero (gets sentimental)

3 Likes

Do you also LB him :rofl: ?

1 Like

Yup. He’s no Poppy, but he’s not that far off, and he charges in 6 tiles in Rush

3 Likes

This is what I love about him. I haven’t used him this week (yet), but he is definitely worthy!

1 Like

Day 2: boards were cooperative: 5-0. Only in the 4th match my tiles dried up, but this was a healer-heavy team, and managed just enough tiles to win.

Defense is doing alright too. Yesterday ended 2-0, today is 3-2 for 5-2 total.

Summary

5 Likes

Well, today was painful. It turns out that without the right tiles a good team is not going to get very far. Or, as my mental sound track would have it:

O: 2-3 (5-3)
D: 8-0 overall.

We’ll see how far my defense can carry me…

5 Likes

No sense in breaking it down, i’m already out. i had a bad Day 1 with 2 losses, picked up my fourth loss on the last battle today. My non-LB’d barely emblemed 3s just can’t hang with heroes with way better stats than theirs.

D (posted above) is 5-8, at least it won a few. probably would be doing better if Kvasir was emblemed, etc.

good luck the rest of the week! see you next time…

7 Likes

Well, all I have to say is WOW for Day 3…
Day 1 my defense was not attacked so I got a C, then Day 2 it was attacked once and I won so Day 2 was an A, and so far today I was attacked once, so 2-0 for an A again.

Day 3
Offense: 5-0
Defense: 1-0

Total
Offense: 13-2
Defense: 2-0 (C, A, A, ?, ?)
Score: 9027 / top 1%

Most of the matches today seemed like I was going to lose.
I managed to get very lucky with tiles on them all, not necessarily starting out with enough tiles, but eventually getting them. Even when Treevil fired, I was still able to win and only lost 1 hero!

I have been doing 2x Purple, 3x yellow each match.
Aqeela today was MVP, she fired and helped my Bjorn kill 3 people. He had about 50 health, and he dodged 2 or 3 specials!

My Attack team is:
Bjorn / Aqeela / Kvasir / Sally / Poppy

5 Likes

I started off today with three wins, but lost to this team for my fourth L after yesterday’s debacle.

I tried a tile damage heavy team with cb Brienne, but didn’t get the tiles after I activated her.

With the encouragement of Rosalina the pig from the Sing 2 song stuck in my head (“if you want it, take it”), I bought back in to finish the day in what could only be a pity matchup against a team with multiple healers.

O: 11-4
D: 9-0 A-A-?

My defensive score has me in the top 1% at the moment even with the 4 losses.

6 Likes

Took my first lost in the 3rd match today against a cMnesseus - cKvasir - Dolgoon - Aqeela - Gato team. Countered with cTyrum - Poppy - Kvasir - Joukahainen - Bane. Board had more Blues and Purples than Yellows, but probably would have survived against a slower team. The opposing Aqeela and cMnesseus fired multiple times, and her passive did a ton of damage as well. Still managed to kill the tank and right side of the defense so got about half the possible points.

Defense also took some losses but still in the A rank at 8-3

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 1-0 (A) 2814 900 3714
2 10-0 7-1 (A) 6518 900 7418
3 14-1 8-3 (A) 9941 9941

Good luck everyone!

7 Likes

Day 3

O : 4-1 (12-3)

Go with same tactic. The board is average by overall today.

Lose in the last attack against this team.

I go with 3 green 2 yellow. The board is bad in different way. It is start with good amount of yellow and green but they never fall more and dry up with red and blue. And when I am about to charge my yellow. The unwanted cascade trigger enemy Treevil. I mean 3 red tile and 3 blue tile vertical cascade right under enemy Treevil :joy:. He fire and I didn’t bring cleanser. I manage to kill tank and left wing before enemy Treevil fire again and I lose. However, my 3* cleanser are C Tyrum and Helo. The purple tile appear in the least amount when compare to all other color. If I use purple stack instead of green, I think I will lose with 0 :joy:. And Helo never be my choice in bloody battle. The only one that can make me win is “C Mnesseus” which I didn’t have :joy:.

I don’t know why but this tournament seem to be exceptionally hard that other 3* bloody battle.

D : 8-7

Getting much better now. My defense isn’t bad. It is just unlucky :joy:. Not sure if I end day 2 with D or C grade.

I just found that we have a lot of quest today :sweat_smile:

5 Likes