1.12 - Discussion & Feedback

Building time from 17 to 18 is 3 days?

amen!
I raid to fill my chest and to gather food and iron.
Whether I do this in platinum or in diamond is … was … not a big difference.

I did see a drop in food and iron to be gained from raids.

Hello? My heroes are hungry, and one tornado for the titan costs 116k iron to manufacture. This change is not getting me anywhere. And yes, my farms and mines are level 20.

The difference in ressources between diamond and platinum chest is approx. 20 k, so nothing to write home about. With a good board, I was able to get these 20k from one single raid.

So, the sole purpose of raiding now is to fill the chest and grab the stuff from the chest. The most important incentive - ressources - has been removed. So the incentive to win a raid is no longer “come on, grab those nice 20k food and iron, yeah!” but only “get those 5 opponent heroes for your chest now, or - if you fail - just get them later”.

Yawn … boring …

And, to my mind, this affects not only high TP players but all players. I distinctly remember getting 90k food from one raid when I was starting out - and my heroes had a feast that day.

Ah well … another incentive removed … another little fun and excitement removed … another step towards boredom … sighs …

5 Likes

And even the chest (at my silver level) is not worth it. I just fill the hero chests with the hope to have more chance for an elemental chest then.

3 Likes

I’ve just discovered how punished nerfed raids are. Right now I would say that it’s better not to do raids not to risk being raided and have 100% sure loot from WT, instead of risking ■■■■ reward for being revenge raided and loose same amount or even more. I prefer safe way, WT lvl 20 and doing pickups really often.

Good job SG, you took only reward from boring raids.

3 Likes

the raid change is pretty bad. used to look forward to raiding, now it’s pointless. kiddna kill half the game for me.

6 Likes
Rare Titans added:

New stuff are always a good thing.
They have added new ways to gain ascension item, even if in a rare way.

Loot Tickets added:

Partially solve the problem: if you usually do missions who require a lot of world energy it could be useful… maybe good to spare some time but the flag cost and the limited amount of them are a limiting factor.

IMHO If they were V.I.P. only they could have been unlimited usage (or X usage /day) with flag cost, if not V.I.P. only they could have been limited but with free flags cost.

Balance changes:

9/10 got a buff. I like it.

Alliance War improvements and changes:

I’m pretty happy with these changes.

Challenge Event adjustments:

More players will be rewarded. Now competing could have sense even if you can’t reach the top.

Now the (selecting targets ham cost / ham gained) is pretty high.
I suggest to add a tier based ham reward every time you defeat a player.

The raid reward chest could repay the ham cost only up to a certain extent and IMHO further raids out of the bare minumum to fill the chest should be encouraged.

1 Like

I’m good with all …i just adapt to the new mechanics and play the game. this whining about ham and stuff is not worth a sweat. Kindergarten.:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It shouldn’t.

When Apok passed we’d asked for his account to be deactivated but they replied to us that it would cease being raidable after a certain period of time (I think this was 30 days but I don’t recall clearly).

Also we have the issue of not being able to raid cross versions, I’m not sure how this plays with inactive accounts as they may just set the server-side client version (however they implemented this, something there) to current after they mandate the update to everyone.

When I was spot checking most people that I got huge ham wins from were idle on the order of a day or two up to around 5 days. I don’t recall getting someone from 200 days ago or whatever but small sample size.

1 Like

Really useful info: thanks. I’m reassured and am happy to have my little theory torpedoed.

I agree with you, I think 6* heros are an inevitable progression in this game. However, I think they should be as HOTM, where everyone has a chance for them.

come on, there is no increase damage for Elkanen? oh man, he is a poor 5* hero. no balance for him and leonidas…

One stealth usability feature in this upgrade is you can no longer add heroes to a level-up if you’re already at max special and max level.

Previously, you could add heroes up to 10, even if you were already max’ing a hero, meaning some of the XP from those feeders would be wasted.

I just took my Delilah to 3/70 and it wouldn’t let me waste any heroes.

Thanks!!

4 Likes

This thread has grown too long, I’m not going to read all of it, so sorry if any of this is repeating what has already been said. Here is what I see as the big highlights:

1. On loot penalties handed out to those new to an alliance (aka the merc nerf): um, why? I think you at SG need to really ask yourselves, is this a necessary nerf and what does it accomplish at the end of the day? So, my inital feedback is…dafuq

2. Rare titans, up to 14* titans: love the idea. Now, I won’t be facing 14* anytime soon, but the prospect of facing a rare titan above 5* is pretty cool and I am hoping for some better loot on that front.

3. Alliance War matchmaking: seems good in theory, but will be waiting for our next round of matches to see how this plays out. I have a feeling that it won’t make all that much of a difference except for those in alliances with scores <40K, or those running a very lean roster.

4. Loot tickets: to quote Adam Jenson…I never asked for this. But so long as these loot tickets are not taking the place of more valuable loot which I might gain from chests or titans, I can’t say I feel strongly one way or another.

If I had been able to figure out how to do a multi quote, I would have included this gentleman’s statement from before. @Loro

I’m sorry Brobb, but I can’t read one of your posts without dying a little inside. How you can so thoroughly embrace this train wreck of an update is beyond me. How you can truthfully state that the difference in class between players is going to be widened, and that’s a fair thing, is beyond me. I can only assume that you take some kind of sadistic pleasure from playing devil’s advocate. You should seriously consider running for political office. Those particular “haves” tend to hold a similar opinion when it comes to “have nots”. I mean if they can’t spend, as you so eloquently put, a pile of cash… They should be completely happy trudging through the game at a snail’s pace. Forever chasing that elusive carrot, that will probably be yanked away at the last moment when they finally decide to release six star heroes. How is that fair?

6 Likes

The loot tickets in their current form are absolutely useless. Either make it a freely available function for everyone (to, I don’t know, counter the drag of grind and therefore enhance the player experience and enjoyment? Or is that no longer a legitimate goal?) and don’t pretend it’s some kind of extra special reward, OR give them out as a reward, but make them worth something! Anything.

4 Likes

I’m a real boy!(c)Pinocchio

Maybe Brobb is SG acc… :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you? I think?

Yes, they should. This, after all, is how the ‘top players’ you are concerned with catching up to did it. They either spent a pile of cash or happily trudged through at a snail’s pace. You think new players should be able to take a shortcut to catch up, getting to the same stage by investing less cash or time? How horribly unfair!

This is a totally witless thing to say. I don’t expect you to have any idea what my views on game issues are - unless you decide to get in the business of making sweeping statements about my attitude towards this update. Then I would expect you to do some research.

I think the changes to alliance war matching are a seriously bad decision, potentially a disaster, and I’ve stated so repeatedly and clearly in this forum. There’s no reason you should care about that, unless and until you decide you should characterise my attitude to the update as a whole as a “thorough embrace”. At that point you should probably take a little look through the forum.

The raid nerf, on the other hand, is something I’ve been advocating since looooong before this update - I think I first suggested it (jokingly, but with hope) last year. Better late than never!

Theres a bug web farming 6-8 replay doesn’t papear anymore… other lvls are fine

Wow! This needs to be framed. May 12th, 2018 – the day hell froze over.

6 Likes

Except until this update, their ‘snail’s pace’ was about 3 to 6 times faster. Just because your luck happened to be that you could only get 5k hams per target in the diamond tier before the update doesn’t mean that many others didn’t still manage to average up to 90k ham rewards - as they have shared in other threads.

I’m not arguing that we should all be on the same level already, just that it’s not fair that the nerf won’t really impact them because they’re past needing the 90k rewards whereas we’re still very much in need of it. All this update did was ensure we will continue to struggle while they keep the top 10 rewards for every event in the next 12 months… While they get to enjoy the new titan content because we won’t have any leveled 5* heroes… It’s just bs that they’re being catered to and no one else matters unless they’re going to pay for it.

5 Likes