1.12 - Discussion & Feedback

If you have decided to base your behaviour on a sample size of 17 platinum chests and 4 gold chests then there is unlikely to be much I can say to change your mind. But you’re being very silly.

And that’s fine. Now, if you choose to drop cups, you will lose the extra ascension rolls from filling chests in a higher tier and you will lose the increased food and iron you would loot if you were in a higher tier. So you can still choose to stay at 200 cups, if you wish, but you will be penalised for it, not rewarded for it, as you were in the past.

1 Like

Smaller Fixes! Hahaha that’s good :smiley: Classic ninja-nerfing :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Perhaps again you’re misunderstanding what a casual player is. Having recieved 20 wanted chests from the time arenas were introduced until now isn’t meant to be a large sample… Just a realistic expectation of what I will likely see going forward. Being blessed with mystic rings from the mystic vision - I can tell you that one out of 163 attempts yields a 4* ascension material - but just having more attempts didn’t make that true either. It’s all based on luck - if you have more chances you will have more luck (good or bad) obviously.

Fact remains that this system only continues to reward the top 100 and screw everyone else. Whether I’m at 2100 trophies or 200 I will be screwed so why try? That’s what you’re failing to address - how do trophies matter now? They just don’t - what the devs hoped to achieve simply won’t transpire.

6 Likes

I consider myself a casual player. I play twice a day (once in the morning and once when I get home from work), spaced roughly 12 hours apart so that I can spend my titan flags without too much waste. I get about 900K ham and 250K iron per day from farms/mines and upgrade them regularly using my second builder.

Before the update, I didn’t consider the watchtower nor raiding to be viable sources of income. Any ham/iron I earned from raids was always basically stolen back through revenges during those 12 hour breaks. I could maybe count on about 50K ham/iron per day from a combination of my own raids and whatever was left over in the watchtower when I would check on it.

Yesterday evening, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my watchtower actually had something in it! It was maxed out, so I got to claim 100K ham/iron from my watchtower. I won all my raids as well at an average of 10K ham per raid, so all in all I came out a little ahead.

That being said, those numbers STILL don’t compare to the farm/mine income numbers above, which haven’t changed at all with the update. For me, raids have always been about filling the wanted chest and pushing my cup count as high as I can for the fun of running different attack strategies against stronger foes. Any ham/iron gained was simply icing on the cake for me, and even after the update it still is.

TL;DR Consider upgrading your farms, mines, and watchtower.

EDIT: Forgot to address ascension items from wanted chests. As you can see, that hasn’t been a problem for me either. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to try and fill the wanted chest. I used to get decent rewards. Then arenas came out and as the highest I’ve managed to get (albeit about 2 months ago now) was 2177 trophies. Since my team isn’t (or at the very least wasn’t) strong enough to compete in diamond and I stopped getting anything unfarmable it stopped being about the wanted chests for me.

As far as trying to overcome strong opponents - I also used to enjoy raids for that. The story doesn’t offer enough challenge and while I’m waiting for season two… Alliance wars filled that gap nicely.

Thus for me raiding boiled down to ham revenue. Trophies were meaningless, but with the rare quests I finally got the final mystic rings for Natalya, the final mysterious tonic for lianna just now, and thanks to tc20 I now have a joon at 3^68 with plenty of mats that I was hoping to get to use on Delilah.

Essentially, the ham revenue I was happy to put to use on something other than troops for a change now no longer exists. I’ll be ascending these 3 heroes for the next 45 days minimum now all because I can’t get food fast enough.

You may still be enjoying the ‘icing’ on the cake, but I can taste the difference between sugar and Splenda… The cake is no longer enjoyable to me.

2 Likes

This is a known issue and we are currently investigating:

1 Like

“Progress is designed to be slow” which is why human ingenuity is so marvelous.

And would you great wizards pls understand those down in gold tier know how to upgrade our bases. You are in denial it seems about the abilities of us down below. Understand that eight farms at level 20 together produce almost 43k hams an hour which is less than many of us averaged per raid.

1 Like

Trophies matter now because having more trophies will lead you to both more food and iron loot from raids, and also vastly better raid wanted chest rewards, including invaluable extra ascension rolls. If these are not things that you want then I don’t understand what it is that you value in the game. The joy of inactivity?

Yes. This is why raid loot has been nerfed - to remove the incentive to cup drop and reap vast rewards. We great wizards understand this.

Dude, i dislike every single post that you do on this forum.

I dont want to get flagged and I am not being personal I swear, but it seems you are trolling. For real, you really look like you are a troll.

Its not that much more food and iron from a diamond chest than from a platinum one. Also with the reroll being 2k food you can reroll 5-10 maximum to not lose any food, because the loot from raid dropped with the update, this makes filling the chest way more difficult or unrewarding.

Vastly better raid wanted chest? Sigh… Really there is no point in arguing with you.

There is even more incentive to cup drop now If you are not in a top alliance. Less rerolls to do, you will get more food and iron to win against people the same or worse team power ( but this is just a minimum) and you win faster to fill the chest ( a chest that barely gives you anything good anyway).

This update was really really bad and the devs should have thought about it.It changed totally the feel to “raid” someone.

8 Likes

Except one, all changes are cool/really cool/epic. I love new titans mostly.

What I dislike and think being really stupid are those tickets. I don’t know what are your intentions devs, but that’s only stupid idea you introduced since I play this game. I won’t bother those tickets because this whole idea misses players expectations.

1. Battery. Major reason is battery consumption. This game literally eats battery. Doing all stuff in the morning after wake up takes at least 40% of my battery. Raids and titans can’t be skipped, it’s obvious, but provinces? Why not.

2. Time. I prefer talking to my ally mates instead of checking every minute if autoplay finished province.

3. Experience. Stupid and boring grind that changes nothing. Skipping this part gives NO ADVANTAGE at all. It just saves time. I bet some of players quit game because of this stupid grind.

4. Number of tickets. You give players about 3-4 tickets daily. While I’m doing about 24 x 15-7 everyday. Wow, what a time saver…3 times auto out of 24’s.

Not to be complete salty, here are my suggestions how this should work:

1. IDEA #1. Remove it completely and make some cap for each province. That you have to finish for example 15-7 200 times to unlock autoplay without fighting.

2. IDEA #2. Keep it, but remove energy consumption, so it would be kind of “free runs”.

3. IDEA #3. Keep it, but increase drop from chests/titans + add it to province raids loot. So it would be free to run daily but only if you finish all daily tasks like raids, titan, doing chests + free from VIP. Yeah, make VIP more valuable, add 20 tickets daily. It would be worth it.

Make such changes instead of introducing promos for packs of tickets please. I bet you will offer such soon. 1000 tickets for 20€ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Diamond chests are vastly better than platinum chests. One doesn’t need to be a “troll” to point this out (and no, of course I wouldn’t flag that, but yes, the comment is petty, personal and unfounded). Ascension rolls + increased food and iron = vastly better. It’s not complicated.

If you drop cups now you will open a chest that is vastly inferior, plus you will be penalised by earning considerably less loot from your victories. (Come to diamond - suddenly every opponent I beat seems to be gifting me 30-50k food.)

If you think it makes sense to drop cups after the nerf, best of luck to you.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic diversion

Can you please quantify this? How many additional rolls do you get for a diamond vs a platinum? As I mentioned prior, I didn’t find this to be true, but I also admit it was a seat of the pants comparison. You’re throwing out the term ‘vastly better’ which I don’t think I’ve seen a single person agree with. I’d love to see some stats to demonstrate that’s true. If it is truly vastly superior based on gathered statistics, it would encourage me to stop dropping cups.

4 Likes

I think… this is encouraging.

But we will need the diamond / higher chests to be noticeably better to the point that players are perceiving them to be better to ensure a quality outcome. And same goes for platinum being notably better than gold, gold>silver … I’m not sure if that’s really achieved. Not everyone is going to just “be able to get to diamond” (right away. It takes time right :wink: )

If the perception of the chests remains that there isn’t much benefit from moving up, coupled with players at risk of losing more from incoming raids… there is a lot of potential for this solution to end in much less raiding, and plenty of cup dropping’s.

Anyway. I’m not even angry at that. I’m really outraged at the ninja nerf to troop leveling and the Loot Ticket thing.

Why are ninja nerfs a thing ??!! Why would the developers think we wouldn’t want details on what they did?

Why do developers think it is a good idea to not provide their rationale for changes?

And does a Loot Ticket REALLY make sense as a paid feature??? I mean. Cmon. Are you guys really not making enough money here? We gotta pay you for the convenience of not having our phones occupied for 20 minutes a day rolling through animation? So freaking angry

I get at generally one rare 3 or 4* unfarmable item from Diamond a week (I know I am lucky). It’s usually 3*, and mostly gloves (oddly). More like every 5-6 days. Diamond has a 100% ascension roll, platinum and below does not. I don’t know if I’d say they are vastly better, but it is clear to me, generally, that if your problem is ascension items for your team, you should be striving to be in the tier with the guaranteed one (especially since the recent raiding changes to nerf food/iron).

2 Likes

Damn hard to believe, my diamond chests look like this image

4 Likes

Brobb, how is it you say you are being gifted 30-50k food for beating an opponent when JimMe and friends swear 10k is rare?

Did you not get the memo about not telling us life a the top is just as poor as it is for we below?

The raiding nerf ensures a divide between classes.

1 Like

See my responses. They all speak to the fact the raiding nerf keeps those players at the gold level at least a year away from diamond.

I don’t know JimMe and I discard all memos without reading them. Yes, this nerf will introduce a class divide. Being in lower raid tiers will be a serious disadvantage.