1.12 - Cup Dropping Punish : Good or Bad?

This are some great ideas.

Well, maybe not for free, but half the costs would be okay.

I don’t know, why people say, to stay in the diamond arena is worth it. Sorry not for the rewards the chests gave me in the past. I was nearly at the top 100 on friday/saturday and was not easy, but that’s not my issue, i have no problem to challenge a 4100 player and with some luck i won the match. But with the time, the whole thing starts frustrating, to stay on that high trophy level with a small income on ham/iron. Maybe when i have a full team like the top 100, then i try to stay longer in diamond.

I think the chests rewards needs to be better in generall

It seems like the whole raid system is flawed. It clearly doesn’t offer much incentive for players to strive to obtain and maintain high cup ratings.

So here is my 10 cents worth:
Instead of (or even in addition to) the current, mostly cosmetic, “bronze, silver, gold,…” system, implememt a league system much like European soccer leagues work.
There, a team playing in a lower league can advance to the next higher league by either placing first at the end of the season, or placing high enough to gain a chance to play a low ranked team from the higher league for advancement. At the same time, the lowest ranked team in a league will be moved to the lower league and the other low ranking teams have to play the highest teams of the league below to earn the right to stay.

In the game, the seasons could be either a week or a month long. Instead of the highest one team automatically advancing, it could be the top 10 or even 100 (same for the lowest 10 or 100 automatically getting downgraded). And instead of the 2nd and 3rd team getting a chance to fight for advancement, it could be the teams ranked top 50 or 1000.
Now implement REAL incentives to play in a higher league. Noticably higher resource drops and better chances for better items.
And mostly: 5% or 10% discounts for buying gems and or other in game purchases!
That would make people want to spend more money, and the devs can laugh all the way to the bank!

A system like that would push players to play the best teams and strategies they possibly can, eliminate the cup dropping, AND increase revenue for the devs.
Everybody wins!

Would be nice to hear some feedback to this idea, especially from the devs.

2 Likes

Looks like SG don’t care about cup drop. They just want to slow down players.

4 Likes

Do you have some evidence for this? Did SG say something I missed?

Cup drop problem is NOT fixed. So…no resources in my castle, no building upgrades, no new battle items, no hero lvl up. Reason? They did fix some ANOTHER problem… imho

This sounds really interessting, but i can say, which players would dominate your list: same guys that actually dominate the top 100 now. Mostly all of them have the same def team with a max. Guinevere in the middle :smiley: , back to soccer, that means everyone uses a Ronaldo.

But your rewardsystem, i think, that‘s worth to talk about. Everything that gives a bit more, is better than the actually poor one. I think also hardcore gamer, that buy gems, would love to have a discount more.

1 Like

5 days in I’m definitely noticing improved matchmaking in raids. That’s from the perspective of a 3.469 team strength, 2k cup active raider. The good thing is that I spend way less ham then before in matchmaking, and find far less insanely strong teams. What’s also excellent about that is that I spend less -time- searching for a suitable target.

I do notice I gain significantly less resources for the same raiding. Which is kind of weird, because I’m not a cup dropper. I should not be affected by this, or at least I don’t consider myself the target audience.

Fortunately I can cope with the reduced influx from straight raiding, because my castle is very well developed towards maximizing resource gain (farms, mines, watchtower, storage buildings). So my 2nd builder is still hard at work, my TC’s are properly queued, and my consumables are limited by crafting mats, not ham/ore.

Still, this was a huge balance change. It’s going to take time to balance out fully - as players are probably still busy adjusting building priorities and raiding priorities, and in particular building priority changes will take time to fully play out.

And it does make one wonder. If you were aiming to hit just the cup droppers @Petri, wasn’t there another way? A way that didn’t affect everyone on the board, cup dropper or not, but actually only affected the true cup droppers? Or is the overall effect to everyone exactly as was intended, and have you applied the wrong label to this balance change?

I am happy that you have had this experience @Brobb.
So far it hasn’t been my turn on the RNG yet.
Would you please share screen shots so l know what to look forward to?

Next time I pull an unfarmable from a raid chest I’ll screenshot and post.

2 Likes

Didn’t read the whole thread, but it didn’t fix the problem as far as I’m concerned. I sat comfortably in silver league and am a VIP player.

Stats: SH-18, farm13-14, mines17-18, wt13, Top team-2824

With 2 builders I relied on raid farming to fill the gap. Now I’m stuck with a builder sitting dormant a lot because of resource drop.

Raid resources are so crippled that rerolling is a joke on the player in need of… resources. So now raids are basically worth the chest. I raided my way into Gold tier to see if the chest was worth it. It wasn’t. Plus, I’ve gotta waste flags on battles I can’t win to get a chest that isn’t worth it…

So, now I’m going cup drop back to silver, and farm the chest as quickly as I can without wasting resources on rerolls and wasting flags on battles I can’t win.

3 Likes

Your farms are underdeveloped so presumably your food storage is also underdeveloped so your raid wanted chests are going to be unrewarding. Plus, of course, if you want to raid for resource loot, then you’ll find that much more lucrative at higher trophy levels than lower trophy levels.

Or you could drop cups, as you plan, and lock in the resource shortage you are complaining about. Good luck with that.

Get your resource producers and storage up to snuff and you’ll be fine. You’ve got 2 builders, so you can get one on mines/watchtower (costs food) and the other on storage/farms (costs ore).

Don’t cup drop. You’ll shoot yourself in the foot. Just levitate comfortably below your glass ceiling so you win >80% of your raids and get the better chest your team can win.

Also consider renaming to Farm.R.Baron. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Thought my luck might dry up for a week or two just because I offered to post screenshots. Happily though, here’s the second chest I opened since your request, just a minute ago:

Note that there was nothing non-farmable in the previous four or five.

2 Likes

Brobb, unfortunately you’re wrong. Farms are doing just fine. Hams aren’t the problem. Haven’t ran short at all.

Iron is where I am constantly finding a shortfall.

I raised my trophies as high as I could without rerolls, which took me to around 1350 trophies. The reward return versus the loss ratio and time wasted isn’t there.

The update on raids is a huge setback to mid and low level players.

2 Likes

Bertus, Farm.R.Baron rocks! Already used up my free name change though.

Hams aren’t the problem, iron is. Mines are maxed and storage isn’t an issue.

Huzzah Brobb!

Thank you for proving there is hope.

• mutters, l really need that cape*
3 Likes

My apologies - I’ve never been short of iron, so I assume iron is never a problem for anyone.

The principle for food rewards in raid chests seems to be that the greater your storage capacity is, the greater the rewards are. It seems likely that the same principle applies for iron.

So while it may be correct that “storage isn’t an issue” for you where iron is concerned, you could well find that increasing your iron storage capacity increases the iron rewards you receive from raid chests. I think perhaps I’d make that my priority, if I were you.

1 Like

5 Iron storage units are level 16 with one being leveled to 17 currently. SH-18 waiting on storage leveling to get started on 19.

Food storage 1030
Iron storage 1655

I repeat, you are incorrect.

So what iron rewards are you collecting from raid chests?

At silver level roughly 35k ham, 65k iron. Win:Loss ratio around 5:1 without rerolling

At gold level approx 45k ham, 75k iron. Win:Loss ratio drops to about 3:3 without rerolling.

Raid loot tends to be between 5k to 10k for both ham and iron.

I’ll also restate I paid for VIP, so have 2 builders. Once mines are maxed, hard to keep both builders going because of shortfalls.