⚔ [09 Aug, 2020] - 68th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, All Elements

Great advice @Slobix! I like the Boldtusk stack better as well. I think Brynhild is good in the Buff tournament especially if she has emblems on her. But mine is only at 4/70 and she will struggle against highly emblemed opponents.

As for Almur, it was a toss up between leveling Almur, Hansel and Peter as my next 4* green project. Almur won, so he’s my guy until I finish Hansel and Peter. Hopefully with some Sorcery emblems on him, he will hold up ok. All my other options suck, Gaderius, Gobbler, Skittles and Kashhrek.

What do you think about the yellow pick? @Slobix @JAWS1

My initial thought was to place Mist in the wing. Later i placed wu kong for the buff itself but now seeing @Randy chart i see people running li xiu too… so im thinking about cutting kong for either mist or li xiu(costume)

1 Like

Compared to the rest of the nature crew, guess he is the best option.
I use him daily in raids (and for blue titans naturally), but his defence down works best if there are other nature heros… In rainbow defences, he’s left just with that mild dmg. But can work better with these boosters, agree on that.

P.S. I was shocked what Horghall can do when I fired his special after c.Rigard buff and Almur. :see_no_evil:

I agree @Lexxtarc! I like Boldtusk. Looking at the Top 10 from the last 4* Buff, Boldtusk and Buddy were popular tanks (although Brynhild, Gullinbursti and others weren’t released yet at that time).

Rigard and cRigard are key heros here. I have not worked on leveling Rigard’s costume version yet. It’s really a game-changer and I need to move it up my 4* purlple leveling project list.

1 Like

Here’s mine. Not about getting buff’s but not letting my opponent have buffs.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of Wu in defence. :man_shrugging:t2:
It happened couple of times he turned to be useful, but only if my board is terrible. Usually, he just sits there waiting to be killed or dispelled. My choice would be Mist. She does dmg (much more if buffs are active), and does nasty things to attacker.

1 Like

@Lexxtarc, Wu is a struggle for me. @Guvnor posted a thread on how to use Wu in wars, raids and titan attacks, but I still struggled using him affectively. If you don’t mind the miss rate, you can do well with the increase attack buff when your hero does actually hit the opponent. Its a personal preference. I need to play with him more I guess. :wink:

Yup, finished my c.Rigard couple of weeks ago, and he’s a beast! Only 2 tallents atm, so I left him out this time. He should be your top priority.

Having decision issues here but i do have some initial thoughts. Anyone disagrees please speak up!

As far as tank color goes I’m thinking you need to consider a strong color stack. BT may be a good choice here but blue is a good color for buffers. Purple may be a consideration with yellow being light on buffs and dispells at least among the vanilla crew.

Still undecided but playing around with some ideas.

I’m interested in playing more with Almur with other heros @Slobix. I just finished leveling him Thursday, so this will be my first opportunity to mess around with Almur in a tournament. Ask me Friday what I think of him.

I hindsight I probably should have leveled Hansel before Almur. Hansel would have been a nice option for this tournament. :wink:

1 Like

Totally agree @Slobix! I spent the last 2 weeks working on 3* heros for the tournaments that were upcoming. I forgot about this 4* tournament. I should have leveled cRigard by now. He’s high on the list now! :wink:

1 Like

I agree with you regarding blue tanks like Kiril and Boril @Whiskey. They would be good, but I have not emblemed them at all. I feel like they would get crushed at 4/70 in this tournament.

@Randy, I like Caedmon for this tournament, but mine is still not leveled. And with all the very interesting 4* Nature heros that have been released this year, Brynhild, Almur, Hansel, Peters, he keeps getting pushed down the leveling project list. Oh well. Eventually, I get both Caedmon and Melendor leveled.

Here’s what I’m going with currently.

Other noteworthy options: Tiburtus+14, kiril, proteus, gafar, sonya, chao.

Was planning to go healer heavy, but haven’t decided whether to switch out rigard.

Edit: yep my troops are awful. Been focusing on levelling up a 4* of each to make my normal def better I haven’t bothered with 3s (except blue because the game doesn’t want to give me a 4 blue troop.

2 Likes

@Guvnor how do you like costumed boril so far?

also, your team looks like it will extend a lot of raids into overtime lol

1 Like

I just hope Bryn is up for this.

3 Likes

First draft

Also debating running Mist-Bryn for the family bonus or C.LiXiu instead of Proteus. I think Red and Yellow both dont have dispellers, so trying to attract those colors. Also, Wizard talent might come in handy in buff booster :thinking:

3 Likes

I looked hard at Bryn+19 but I’m already using 2 healers and wanted more offense. Also, I’m trying to stop the opponent from getting buffs instead of buffing myself. Will it work? I don’t know but going to try.

1 Like

I’m not feeling good about my defense options on this one. I have a Boldtusk+20 I could use at tank too, but Rigard+19 is just a smidge less durable and he provides TWO buffs for the boosted attack, so I’m thinking I’ll roll with Rigard in the middle.

The problem is… who goes around him? Here are a couple of options I’m looking at:

OPTION 1: “No mana for you!”

OPTION 2: “Less mana for you!”

I’m thinking Option 2 might be the one to go with, because at least it has some single-target damage that might finish off enemies. Option 1 relies on just slashing and AOE the enemy to death, and hoping the massive mana control keeps them from firing heals, etc.

I have 2x Brynhild also, but I got burned badly when I used those two on the flanks in the NO-RED tournament, so if they couldn’t even hold up against teams that couldn’t bring strong color against them, why would I trust that it’d be any different in a no-restrictions tournament??

Good gaming!

4 Likes

#2 is one of the set-ups I’m considering, though my thinking is og-li for the larger mana reduction x2. Swap your wings tho.