⚔ [07 Aug 2022] - 172th Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, No Holy/ Yellow

My setup:

My team mate:

:grimacing:

3 Likes

My very first match (i haven’t done anymore yet).
I had a good opening board but I think Treevil still fired 4 times (not the seme one)

VideoCapture_20220808-092359

3 Likes

This is a joke tournament. 3 losses on the first day due to tree one shot killing my whole team. Why doesn’t SG fix this. They only nerf 5*???

I will save my 75 gems for another week. It’s ridiculous that I’m losing to teams with 100-200 power les than me :rage:

1 Like

4-1 on offense (1-1 against 2 tree teams).

0-0 on defense so far.

I’m still trying to figure out my anti-tree team. So far I’m running Helo-Faiez-Tree, but so can’t decide on the other two. Gill-Ra of all people saved my butt in the one that I won (I still have her at +20 because I have more sorcerer emblems than I know what to do with), but I think I will bring C. Tyrum over her the next time). These shots plus Nodri (LB +20) are basically my options. I’d love some ideas:

4 Likes

Day 1 went about as expected. 3 for 3 vs non - Treevil teams. 0 for 2 with 0 points the other 2 matches.

Attacked the Treevil tanks with 3-1-1 Faiez - Maeve - Treevil - Maeve - cHawkmoon. Both matches only managed to fire Hawkmoon. But even her heal over time were not enough.

At least my defense is 1-0 :grin:
Screenshot_20220808_212450

Good luck everyone! You’ll need it :joy:

5 Likes

5-0 Offense here, no Treevil tanks faced (nor flanks/wings). And this tournament might go just as previous 3* rush, because I have not emblemed or lb’d any 3* heroes since last time and I didn’t face a single Treevil tank last time. I almost lost to a team with Bjorn tank, he fired 2 times before I fired my own heroes and also wing Waqas fired, I thought to myself ‘‘is his damage really this bad’’, but then I looked up the defense and it was 1/1 Waqas :joy: only if it were max level I would’ve lost that one for sure.

Defense is currently 1-0. Total points 2511.

4 Likes

I love cHawkmoon and CB Jahangir for their six tile charge in this format and have used them heavily on attack, but even their six tile charge does not seem to make them difference makers with the tree, etc. I will probably keep them on the bench except against green tanks.

2 Likes

Day 1

O : 4-1

Go with one of these 2 team in all attack

• 1). C Ulmer team : C Gunnar + x3 C Ulmer + C Ulmer/Faize/CB Belith

• 2). Treevil team : Faize + Shrubbear + x2 Treevil + Treevil/CB Tyrum

I use C Ulmer team in 1st and 2nd attack and Treevil team in 3rd, 4th and 5th attack.

1st attack against this team.

Go with C Ulmer team + Faize. The board is start with few blue and a lot of blue tile come after few move. I charge my blue right after Treevil at tank fire. I fire my blue and another blue tile move kill both enemy Treevil and Jahanger and win in few turn after that. I go with Faize this time because I want to test him but this board have too few green and too many blue to charge Faize before I win :sweat_smile:.

2nd attack against this team.

Go with C Ulmer team + CB Belith. The board is full of red and yellow. And after a few turn, this happen :joy:

With red-yellow board, I will lose no matter which team I use.

Then I realize, if there is a Faize in enemy defense, my Treevil team might be better than my C Ulmer team. If Faize fire, I need 6 green tile to fire my CB Belith. So, I need 6 blue tile and 6 green tile. And if I use Joukahainen, it will need 7 blue tile.
While my Treevil team that need 7 purple tile but have Faize + Shrubbear as super protection.
The possible situation that C Ulmer team is better than Treevil team when there is a Faize in enemy defense is that I can get 6 blue before enemy Faize fire. Not sure if that is easier or not :sweat_smile:.

After the lose, I limit break, rush leveling and emblem my Shrubbear :sweat_smile:. I can only emblem him to +11 but he is still really tough even.

Try my Treevil team in 3rd, 4th and 5th attack. All enemy defense doesn’t have Treevil or Joukahainen. The board is average. So, easy win :smile:.

Faize + Shrubbear is absolutely super protection if enemy defense doesn’t have Joukahainen :sweat_smile:. I think if there is a Joukahainen in enemy defense (like my defense :rofl:), C Ulmer team will be the best choice for me since Faize + Shrubbear can be completely blocked by Joukahainen.

D : 1-0

From the poll result

I go with #3 defense :slightly_smiling_face:.

C Hawkmoon + x4 CB Jahangir aren’t strong enough to kill all enemy in 1 shot but C Gunnar + x4 C Ulmer is :sweat_smile:.

You should try Faize + Shrubbear. You can get Shrubbear from HA5.

7 Likes

Good thought for the long term, but won’t help me this week. I have not run HA5, but it is probably worth it. I still need to get Falcon out of HA8 as well.

1 Like

O : 3-2
D : 1-0

First fight in tourney and I already face Faiez tank with 2 Trees on flank on 1ST FLAG? And all 3 of them were LB’ed and emblemed too? Ridiculous… You got to be f kidding me.

I try to use - Jouka and 2 Trees to counter Faiez and Helo, Faiez or Shrub to counter Trees, but it doesn’t help that I need 7 tiles to charge my heroes… That’s the main problem here. we need mana troops for 2* and 3* troops, now! lol

4 Likes

This is why I decided to tank with Faiez-it is almost impossible to fire anyone ahead of the tank in this format (with the occasional exception of costume heros that charge in six). Did it seem like the Faiez tank is tougher than the Tree tank? My Faieztank D is now 1-0.

Tree or Faiez flank or tank, it’s almost the same story :smiley:. Just way too OP, considering the fact that only few costumed s1 3* heroes can fire with 6 tiles with the bonus from emblems, while special skills those heroes have are not game-changing against Tree/Faiez combo. Faiez probably little bit more Op on tank spot than Tree, but if they are both in def team… it’s almost the same story when either of them is tank/flank.

3 Likes

Well, i won my first match then did badly, I ended up 2-3 today haha
Defence is 1-1 so far

I seem to even be having bad boards on the titan ALL day today (the majority is purple tiles for a purple titan). I usually get 300k - 400k and today after 4 or 5 I have a mere 110k haha, today is not my day it seems

5 Likes

Day 1
O: 3-2
D: 1-4
It was a really bad day… Three Treevil tanks and two failures. My defense fails whenever had the opportunity :confused: It won’t be a “nice” tournament. My opponents were:

1st fight (defeat)

IMG_20220808_230656

2nd fight (victory)

IMG_20220808_230738

3rd fight (victory)

IMG_20220808_230847

4th fight (victory)

IMG_20220808_230918

5th fight (defeat)

IMG_20220808_230951

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

Day 1:

O: 5-0
D: 5-0

the benefits of not LBing / embleming your 3s much? easy teams to start the week. No Treevils. only one Joukahainen and one Waqas spotted. Went with my defense team except for the last battle, which was a mostly blue defense, and i switched to all green + the tree there and despite a pretty bad board, managed to win because i took out the tank early and then managed to get just enough tiles to fire my tree which bought me time to find some more green tiles and win.

D looking pretty good, undefeated. The question is will i be able to keep this up on offense as the trees get more dense. Currently in 1% with 2685 points, rank 5340.

good luck on day 2 everyone! don’t get too lost among all those trees!

6 Likes

No, Treevil is actually significantly tougher than Faiez. Here are my Treevil and Faiez. Both are full Def-Hp path.

Treevil has +39 Def and +31 Hp more than Faiez. That is about 2 Def node and 1 Hp node.

In fact, Treevil is probably the current toughest 3* at 55+20. Shrubbear is a bit tougher than Treevil but Treevil at 55+20 is a bit tougher than Shrubbear 55+20 since Treevil have 1 more Hp/Def node than Shrubbear.

I also prefer to face Faiez tank than Treevil tank. I will use my Treevil team + CB Tyrum (Faize + Shrubbear + x2 Treevil + CB Tyrum) against Faiez tank with 2 Treevil flank. Faiez give me more time to charge my purple. CB Tyrum can dispell enemy Faiez. Or if I can only charge my green, those 2 Treevil flank can’t do anything to Faize + Shrubbear combo.
The main problem for my Treevil team is Joukahainen. As long as there is no Joukahainen, Faize + Shrubbear is absolutely super protection :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

I use - Shrub, Tree, Helo, Tree, Faiez against any Tree tank defs.
Against Faiez tank or Tree tank with Faiez in def I use - Jouka, Tree, Helo, Tree, Faiez.

Tree might be a bit stronger tank stats wise, but it’s not about that little stats difference. I still find Faiez more punishing on tank actually. If he fires twice and you were still not able to charge your heroes when he fired second time, he gives nice boost to whole team, while Tree can be cleansed by Helo or taunted by Shrub. As my Faiez tank with Tree(s) in def offense team consists of 2 blue heroes, it would be difficult to kill Faiez with weak color tiles and when I fire Jouka-Tree-Tree I need some purple/green tiles to kill Faiez, blue tiles won’t do much against him. And yes, I’d rather use good counters than red heroes against Faiez tank. It’s gamble both ways, you either get red tiles to kill Faiez early if you take reds, or you take counters against him (Jouka-Tree-Tree like I said few times already, is what I use to counter him)

Tourney so far :

O: 8-2 (3-2, 5-0)
D: 1:0 (A)

I faced Trees today, even 1 def with Tree tank and Faiez flank, but Faiez never fired, even if he did, the fight already looked good for me.
If I won’t be lazy, I’ll do next post about some of the defs I faced first 2 days.

4 Likes

Rush Attack and No Holy.
First day is behind us and I already Treeviled Treevils many Treevils. Treevil and Faiez was the Treevilst. Treevils kept treeviling and I couldn’t treevil anything! My treevil has one Treevil too, I’m treeviling well so far. Treevil here, Treevil there, Treevil everywhere.
Treevil.

3 Likes

You should use CB Tyrum instead of Joukahainen. The problem is Faiez tank block your Treevil. If you use Joukahainen, when enemy tank fire, you need 7 blue tile and 7 purple tile. But it you use CB Tyrum, you will need only 7 purple tile.
As I say before, I will go with Faize + Shrubbear + x2 Treevil + CB Tyrum. One I charge my purple, I fire CB Tyrum + x2 Treevil. It will damage Faize a lot and slow down him. I can kill him with some more green or purple tile.
Thank you for talking about Helo. I somehow forget him :sweat_smile:. I might replace Shrubbear with Helo in some attack.

I think your strategy is good, but it’s all about getting the tiles. This event is so fickle. If you don’t get your greens charged before my flank Tree fires, you are probably toast. Green is your only option to cleanse (and only partially IF Faiez hits the passive). My Faiez D is 2-1, so not a lot of data

I finally settled on an anti-tree team of Faiez-Helo-Aqueela-Treevil-c Tyrum. Basically if I can get seven of any blue-green-dark on the opening board I’m in good shape. Otherwise I lose, like we all do without good opening boards in this event!
Offense is 4-1 (8-2). Tree team is 3-0. I lost with a different team against a tree team in the days first match.

3 Likes