[05th Apr, 2020] 50th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Green/Nature

First off BIG CELEBRATIONS!!! The big Five-Oh

:partying_face: :tada: :confetti_ball: :balloon: :partying_face: :partying_face:

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2020-04-05T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2020-04-06T08:00:00Z
2020-04-11T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Weekā€™s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Nature/Green
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: šŸ… [Aug 25, 2019] 19th Raid Tournament! ā€” 5* Buff Booster, No Nature/Green

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this weekā€™s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes youā€™re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally donā€™t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think youā€™ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this weekā€™s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Teamā€™s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments ā€“ Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

3 Likes

All confirmed!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tournament De Guv

Hereā€™s my defence Iā€™m thinking for this one. Shaking things up a little cause Iā€™ve done a lot of 5* levelling since last time this tournament featured.

Last Time Round

Click for Defence & Performance last time round

5 Likes

Same here.

Could really use some help on this one. Almost on Auto set:

Last time

3 Likes

option 1:

option 2:

iā€™m leaning towards Option 1, Aeron gives additional buffs and protects Joon. Option 2 only leaves Aegir as buffer and makes Marjana a magnet for Blue stacksā€¦

only other 5* option is Inari, but I struggle to fit her in. Aeron > Inari, I think.

open to suggestions though :slight_smile: but i find very few of my 4*s - even highly emblemed - can work. Kiril gives buffs and is Blue, and Sabina dispels enemy buffs, but they both seem a bit frailā€¦

other options:

3 Likes

This one. Though I would not recommend bringing too many yellows this week. Fighter-Joon still seems good. May be swap him with Lupus (fast mana? ā€¦if not keep him flank)

2 Likes

thanks! Yeah, I figure a lot of Purple dispellers will be running around this tourneyā€¦ I think Iā€™ll keep Fighter-Joon beside Aeron in wing for safety. Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

Youā€™re welcome. Any advice in return?

thanks for asking. Iā€™m not very confident about advising others lol, I figure if I make a bad decision on my OWN defense, Iā€™m the only one that gets hurtā€¦

But I would not tank with Ares, Blues are still allowedā€¦ I think Richard would make a good tank. You could try Victor - Athena - Richard - Kiril - Sonya? Sonyaā€™s highly emblemed and she dispels all (unlike Domitia who only dispels 3). And Victorā€™s higher speed and defense boost to all make him a more attractive Purple, in my opinion. Then you have two buffers, Richard to debuff attack, and Sonya to dispel.

2 Likes

Not sure who I want for this so I have gone with:

Costume Rigard / Grimm / Kiril / Costume Tiburtus / Triton

I may replace Triton with Sonya though.
I wanted some to buff + heal, as well as some heroes that can attack multiple at once.

2 Likes

That was just the auto draftā€¦not my decision. Donā€™t think I will use Ares at all in defense this week.

Thanks. This is a resonable decision. Swap Victor and Sonya though.
Had only considered other tanks so far (Kiril, Athena,Victor Domitia). :grinning:

2 Likes

oh yeah, dispel on the left. silly me, forgot that basic bit :wink: I would be scared of attacking that defense!

good luck to us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same to you.

Thoughts on troops? Richard needs the lvl 9 mana troop to load 1 round faster. Still have a lvl 1 mana troop available for Sonyaā€¦but I think crit troop with higher def value suits better. Only some xp missing for Victors troop to reach lvl 11.

2 Likes

Yes I would do this. Triton hits harder but dies faster. Best colors this week : blue & purple :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™d use regular Richardā€¦ Better class for a tank, defence debuff lasts longer against anyone not bringing attack buff or cleanse.

Base version of Richard is just plain better.

1 Like

I would personally go defense on Sonya. Her main role is to stay alive and keep dispelling, IMO. And having Richard as tank charge faster is more valuable :slight_smile:

Healers in wings - too easy.

Costume Rigs needs to be flank, more likely to fire and canā€™t be left alone until no threats remain (which he can on wing).

C-Tibs is going to reduce the defence debuff youā€™ve applied with Grimmā€¦ Plus two darks guarantees an attacker stacks holy, I wouldnā€™t do it.

Sonya to dispell attackers buffs makes some good sense.

Triton and Grimm are both quite flimsy for defenceā€¦ Good heroā€™s but I donā€™t think Iā€™d put both up.

What else have you got?

3 Likes

Issue with putting Ares as tank is that heā€™s weak to the inevitable blue stack that people will be running.

Iā€™d move him to flank of Richard

What you think guys, about putting high emblemed Mitsy on defence to counter the blues stacks? :thinking:

3 Likes