⚔ [05 July, 2020] - 63rd Raid Tournament - 5* Rush Attack, All Elements

Why not bring Isarnia and Drake into flank?

Drake’s blind is always going to be more useful the earlier it goes off (and has a better chance of firing twice).
Isarnia’s debuff going off earlier also helps.

I’d probably then throw Quintus and Lianna to the wings, but maybe thats just me.

No bryn? somehow using Lianna in this tournie seems like a waste but going pure damage would make life really difficult for everybody. :thinking:

That and you’re matched on what you could set, not what you do set … throwing in weaker heroes doesn’t get your defence any easier attackers.

yeah that makes sense.

quint, isa, the king, drake, lianna it is.

Best part about costumed azlar is just how rare the heroes who can cure his dot are and how there are only 2 turns with which you can get to cure it, even if you have a hero who can dispell undispelled ailments. I am curious if he can go off 3 or 4 times before being wiped out. If he only goes off 1 or 2 times, that’s not such a big deal.

2 Likes

No problem, I don’t even need half of my heroes.

1 Like

Got more options for purple - Clarissa, CRigs +19. Also debating red - Elena (no costume), BT (c.bonus) +15.

Wish I had my CVivica maxed but stuck for one more ring. Malosi is sturdier but well Joon is Joon … even without costume!

4 Likes

Suggest right side is too fast, Elena probably superior in a v fast tourney, to Joon. Any other slow heroes for the corner spot, possibly yellow ones? Even Justice is good in this format

Edit: you’ll need darts for Vivica , not rings :wink:

I dont know why but i want gazelle for this tournament

1 Like

So in the end I’ll probably go with this:

Maybe not that damage intensive but should be annoying enough.

3 Likes

Darts indeed! I had rings on my mind because I was playing the ‘Should I-Shouldn’t I’ ascend game with Noor when I wrote it :joy: (Decided to wait). There’s a dart at lvl 48 Path of Valor that has my Vivica’s name on it!!

I did actually have Elena in originally. Magni too. But Snow just NEVER gets any playtime! And Sesh is just so much better than both Elena and Magni (no costume). Leaving either Tell or Alf out is insane as they are probably the two best heroes in this format. And then it seemed risky to go in with two purples and no yellow (only other 5* yellow is Malosi) … :worried:

Get your tickets for Frida’s Ice Bash 2020, coming soon!

Some other Average or Slow options I considered but discarded:

• Mitsuko - not reliable enough in targeting, and is only neutral vs. a red stack coming at Telly.
  • Hatter - buff steal isn’t worth letting a red stack lean further into my defense.
  • Vivica - even though Telly’s heal is minor by comparison, I don’t like taking out damage-dealing to double up on healers.

So I think that lineup is about the best I can do this time around, without dipping into less durable 4* options like Hu Tao, Li Xiu, etc. I’ll bank on Frida reducing enemy defense against Ice, and then let Thorne & Vela sneak up on people when they underestimate how strong their damage is. :wink:

EDIT:
Question on MANA troops for these… I obviously know the value of them in ATTACK, but where does everyone stand on DEFENSE use of mana troops for Rush Attack tourneys? I have a 4* Defense/Crit troop at Lvl 13 for Telluria… or I could put in a 4* Mana troop at Lvl 12, but that gives her significantly less raw defensive capability. How much faster will this make her fire on defense? I’ve never been exactly clear on how tiles poured into a defender build up their mana, or how a mana troop would make that happen more quickly. (If this is already explained in detail somewhere, I’m not sure where.)

Good gaming!

2 Likes

First draft:
@sleepyhead @jinbatsu @BubblesUK

Also have yellow 11 mana and Malosi & Leo maxed

Screenshot_20200705-165154_Empires

3 Likes

looks good to me… I’m a bit out of my depth in 5* tourneys, honestly, but in theory Rogue Domitia and reviving Tyr as wings seem better than either Barbarian Malosi or Monk Leo. And that core is very scary.

1 Like

I will probably be using Telluria tank but I actually don’t think Telluria will be that strong as a tank compared to other options. A lot of hard hitting high tile dmg red heroes who are avg/slow speed will become very fast in this tournament (Azlar, Kong, Elena, etc). If I had my Heimdall maxed, I would probably use him over Telluria.

On another note, I think Santa, Ursena, and Alfrike might be some of the best tanks for this tournament. Marie-Therese could be an interesting tank/flank.

1 Like

Will try this:
Uploading: Screenshot_20200705-232957_Empires.jpg…

Looks pretty good to me :+1:

I’ve decided to play troll a little bit by tanking Ratatoskr with Athena and Isarnia at flanks… Good luck to anyone that attacks that without thinking (or gets a bad board) :joy:

And on top of that, BK in very fast tournaments is a beast in attack.

BK+Wilbur+Kong is unstoppable on a mediocre+ board…

Looks good, agree with @sleepyhead and @BubblesUK.

I will try this, my 1st draft:

3 Likes

Thinking of one of these two. The Very Fast mana should make Aegir and Aeron more annoying and durable, while powering up my snipers. Marjana to punish those stacking Green vs. Aegir, Joon-C to go with Aeron + for Fighter talent.

Torn between Seshat (dispel + minions) or Isarnia (amazing power and defense debuff) for the wing. I think Isarnia will be the better choice here…image image

Also have Elena +4 (doesn’t work well with Aegir though?), Inari +3, Margaret +3, Gregorion +4, Lepus +6, Sartana +3, Rana +1.

@Vikingblood80

2 Likes