Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face:
No Holy/ Yellow
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Rush Attack

All Special Skills are set to Very Fast!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [13th Sept, 2020] - 73rd Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, No Holy/ Yellow

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

7 Likes

Hmnnn. No yellow. Rare heroes only. Who is the best rare purple tank?

Oooo nice. Some new toys, Vollermork and Gramps to try out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For VF? Costumed Oberon and his uncleansable poison

3 Likes

Just because no yellow allowed doesn’t necessarily mean your tank has to be dark.

Defenses from last time.

12 Likes

Yeah. Dark is my weakest 3* color, so I’ll probably go cGunnar tank. Even though it’s tempting to power-level my 2 cOberons :smiley:

Lol. Getting to the top 10 is not primarily based on their defense. It is based on the perfect hits made on all 25 raid tourney flags throughout the duration of the event AND the high score garnered due to the high difficulty bonus given.

Raid tourney defense score only matters the most for the placement and ranking of those who made perfect hits. It amounts to squat if you botched 4 raid tourney flags on the first day and don’t want to spend 75 gems to continue in the tournament.

I just felt that since a particular element is excluded in the upcoming tourney, it is optimal to use a hero of an element as tank where the element with the strong counter against it is absent in such tourney.

I still haven’t maxed mine yet, though they are already on the last tier of ascension. Might power level them and put some emblems before the tourney officially starts by Monday.

I have his costume but fed away the main hero. Thanks for the heads up. I don’t think I will spend some gray tokens just trying to get him and power level him just for this tourney. I have several rare purples highly emblemed, but they are not tank material. I was wondering if some of us have tried Jack as tank. I am also half-inclined to use Bjorn instead. Or stick to my regular rare raid tourney tanks (Gunnar w/MCB or the costumed version, or Grevle, or Shrubbear, or Bauchan).

Well, I haven’t tried him before, but this would be the best tournament for him to shine

1 Like

With so many people playing these tournies the odds of somebody making top 10 without an AAAAA defense has to be slim. All the top 10 this time are heavily emblemed and speaking from experience my teams are attacked up to 100 times a tourny which tells me the top 10 are proven defenses. I am not saying to copy them but looking at the group as a whole is informative. Like the tank example, 6 out of 10 went without a holy tank. While there could be a fluke in there, it’s not 6 out of 10…

5 Likes

Over the time I ended up with a lot of heros who can make a good defence team in 3* rush attack tourney. Looking at the overview from the last tourney, I have all or most of the good guys, so here are some ideas:
Screenshot_20210501_165812

1st & 2nd are trying to exploit Gil Ra’s defence debuf, so AoE heavy hitters, 3rd is more about mana control. Anyway, these are the heros I would like to work with(+ maybe Gunnar+18?), so if you have any ideas how to make it deadly, pls share. :smiling_imp:

Super tempted to run something like this just for the annoyance and trollolol factor:

Sure I may not have much direct damage, but I can make it so you can barely gain mana, and if you do end up killing some of my heroes, there’s a good chance you’re gonna have to fight them all over again. :grin:

One thing to note though: Gill-ra is no longer a great tank for this tourney, because we now have a non-purple cleanser in Helo. It used to be purple had the only cleansers, so Gill-ra was especially a pain in the ■■■ for no-yellow tourneys. But now attackers can just run a blue stack instead with Helo.

10 Likes

1st draft

I would have tanked An-Windr if he had some emblems…

4 Likes

Would not tank Gill-ra, purple isn’t the only color with cleansers anymore. Blue now has a cleanser in Helo (new S4 3*), and if I see any Gill-ra tanks I’m taking my blue stack.

@Slobix
See comment above. I like your second defense the best, maybe consider swapping out Gill-ra for cGunnar for the same effect? Bonus points for being weak against Sudri if they stack green.

3 Likes

I doubt with the green hero:

5 Likes

I get your logic, but blue-stacker still needs pretty good board - it’s just that I moved away from mono-mind in rush format. And if I go with c.Gunnar, blues also have 2 counters - Helo and Gunnar himself. So not sure if it is superior solution.

Other thing is, my best AoE hitters are blue, so if I’m tanking c.Gunnar I’m left with Sudri and that’s it. Or my defence will be too blue…

Maybe this, to make blue stack a bit less efficient. :man_shrugging:t2:

Or even this, to severly punish every bad board. :joy:

6 Likes

I will run this. Not necessarily the best defense, but for this format it’s the best I have.

5 Likes

Personally I struggle the most with those defenses that give me no room to work the board. I consider myself a decent tile player, but if I don’t have the time to utilize that skill… it’s ripperoni for me quite often :smile:

1 Like

Im going Gramps- Ulmer-C.Oberon- Surdri- Frosty

Would love to try Gramps - Bauchan- C. Renfeld - Frosty - Carver

Bauchan and gramps would work hand in hand in buffing mana gain
Bauchan, Renfeld- Carver all cut mana, so enemy would never cast :slight_smile:

But I am saving recruits for some potential future 5* to level them quickly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Something I experience lately in raids, against reverse formation made of fast heavy hitters - very little time to prepare the board before they destroy me, all at once. :slight_smile:

I have no idea, this is the first rush attack 3* that I have this abundance of slow AoE heros, maybe I should try it, as an experiment. I can imagine the situation where Gil Ra, Ulmer and Sudri cast their specials and it’s pretty much game over.