⚔ [02 May, 2021] - 106th Raid Tournament - 3* Rush Attack, No Holy/ Yellow

1st draft… :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I don’t know, several good 3s for this one are in the works for me. probably just go with this since it’s what i have at the moment:

i could give Sudri some emblems i guess. he put a real hurt on me a couple of times last 3* rush attack.

I went with these the last 2 times. Both went over 70% for their tournies. I do like mana control for this tourny and used mostly sorcerers for their mana cut talent.

For something new, thinking about going with the following. Vollermork just finished leveling yestarday. I finished the first 8 levels of ToL with rares and was really impressed with cRenfeld so I’m probably pressing by trying to get them into this tourny. I also used Gramps in Tol and was the reason I finished level 7. His resurrect is the real deal. He also has mana regen so may end up replacing cRenfeld. Still have the day to think about it.

6 Likes

Options are everywhere

2 Likes

I will go with this defense.

It isn’t the best but I think CB Gunnar + C Belith is enough for grade A defense. I’m not sure if I should replace C Belith+6 with my C Hawkmoon +20. C Hawkmoon +20 is tougher and is sorcerer but CB Gunnar + C Belith is powerful combo. I think C Belith is better for share damage tank.

2 Likes

I was thinking this:

Gunnar to punish the attacker with a hefty def down, renfeld and bjorn to do damage and drain mana, grevle to (over)heal and buff attack, jahangir for damage. Maybe put jahangir and grevle in flank? Or replace bjorn with tyrum to dispell the spirit link?

Attack will probably be with hawkmoon+20 and jahangir+20, as they charge in 6 tiles with costume manabonus and node20.

4 Likes

1st question
I want to use Gil-ra and grevle.
Who should be flank and who should be wing?

2nd question
Is c-Oberon good as tank without heavy emblems?

1 Like

Thoughts on how I’ll approach attacks this week:
Most folks I imagine will load up on Purple or at least have a purple tank. That means my team will be all blue-green-red. I get the feeling I’ll use C.Hawkmoon - Grevle - Gunnar - Ulmer - Nordri a lot. That gives me two off color healers, gunnar to boost my survivability if I get blue tiles and then Nordri-Ulmer for the big hit. Probably not enough to kill anyone, but might only need one blue tile after that.

Alternatively I could do Grevle - Helo - Sudri - Jahangir - Bauchan as a strong red team. Gain a cleanse here.

I don’t see using myself using green much. I have Grevle and C.Isshtak but don’t have a third strong one to use. Wish I had Shrubbear.

My best purples are Bjorn, C.Renfield, and Chochin. I don’t have Oberon or Gill-Ra.

Looking at it this way blue is definitely the strongest color and I’d give red the second. I still believe it’s best to go strong against banned element so I’ll keep my purple defense.

I saw an argument above about Helo. I’m not super concerned. I don’t expect to see too many of him given how new he is.

Going with this team for now

6 Likes

I love your team.

I will probably try this, 3* rush is the tournament I’m worst on offense, I love rush with 4* and 5*, but 3* normally one wrong cascade charging maybe 2-3 Aoe heroes is game over for my heroes without emblems and no high troops. So no real pressure on the def if it’s E it’s E, but this looks funny.

Not sure yet but options at the moment are a mix of these guys

Missing oberon somehow lol… I think I’ve fed 50 of him even tho I’m he’s a solid option in these rts

2 Likes

I don’t think, that an windr is a useful tank. I’m not sure but I think if he fires again in the 3 turns he’s active he doesn’t do any damage. The attacker can dump tiles into him without anything happening.
Would probably put him on the wing if he should be on the defense.

2 Likes

Yeah, I must admit I don’t understand An Windr… :man_shrugging:t2:
I haven’t maxed him, so maybe others are more aware of his usability - me is not buying it. :slight_smile:
I would go for some other AoE instead of him on the right Gunnar’s side, if you have.

I will try this:

Ant advice,?

This is my team, should I change Gunnar to C Gunnar? And should I switch Shubbear with Carver (he has less emblems though)? Thanks

Hmmm now I’m thinking maybe this makes more sense:

I’ve always found direct mana cutters to be huge annoyances for rush, because it forces you to find another match, which you may or may not have, or you have to match in a way that sets off another hero, or worse a cascade which sets off everybody. Plus Bauchan makes everybody charge up even faster so doubly good. :thinking:

2 Likes

Switch grevle and jahangir positions in my opinion, so Grevle will first increase AD before Jahangir fires

1 Like

I’m planning on using Gunnar with CB instead of the costumed version since I prefer him keeping my heroes alive longer. However, in your case, you only have 1 main damage dealer in Tyrum (in addition to Vollemork’s worms) so maybe adding cGunnar’s def down to cHawkmoon’s attack up will be better.

Edit : Bauchan will be a better option in Rush Attack but you already have 2 reds in your defense.
Here’s what I’m going with btw

Vollemork will be maxed in time for the tournament start

2 Likes

Screw it, went this in the end for the sheer “wtf dude” and annoyance factor. Sometimes it’s better to just put out something a bit fun and unique; by that I mean something that will absolutely drive the attacker bonkers if it works as intended- truly a slow death by a thousand slashes. :grin:

5 Likes

Day 1:

LoL, I like when tourney start like this - terrible boards, 3-2 (of which 1 loss with 0 points). And I don’t even stack! 2-2-1, 2-1-1-1 - still can’t find enough matches to cast a special skill before 1-2 of my heros are down. Looks like this week will be purely recreational for me. :joy:

7 Likes